Sign in to follow this  

VC interior.x file not made?

I can't for the life of me figure out why any parts do not show up in the VC environment. I have tried every name and prefix in the book as well as pure guessing. I have tried grouping the model into two groups "interior" and "exterior" with no luck. I even did the export BGL type and tried to find the "interior.x" file to add th the list and found the there is no such file to be found. What is missing yet? Why do thing seem to not work like anybodies tutorials that I read. Could the MAKEMDL.exe program be messed up? Have any of you had these kind of problems?Steve

>I can't for the life of me figure out why any parts do not >show up in the VC environment. I have tried every name and >prefix in the book as well as pure guessing. I have tried >grouping the model into two groups "interior" and "exterior" >with no luck. I even did the export BGL type and tried to >find the "interior.x" file to add th the list and found the >there is no such file to be found. What is missing yet? Why >do thing seem to not work like anybodies tutorials that I >read. Could the MAKEMDL.exe program be messed up? Have any >of you had these kind of problems? Steve,First of all, check the date on your MakeMDL.exe program. If it's not dated 4/5/02, then you need to d/l the latest from the MS support website.Secondly, d/l and install the Middle-Man and Model Commander programs. Using the two of them (after installing properly of course!), MDL Commander will optionally create a VC for you, without you having to do anything else. At the very least, you would be able to begin 'experimenting' with the process.You will find links to all three of the programs mentioned here:http://www.oregon-coast.net/FS2002/static/static_1.htmThey are mentioned in the first paragraph of this 'Static Scenery' tutorial.

Thanks Bill,Your responce is greatly appreciated. The MakeModel.exe I was using was from a later issue. I had the new ver in my download from MS. I did as you said and downloaded the middlemen and commander. followed the instructions to the T. I also setup the .par file. I then tried the one step export. All was looking great till I looked at the model in the vc mode. Nothing shows up again. I tried the BGL export step and selected the boxes required and still come up empty!! I do a lot of programing for machinery and have never been this fustrated. Sorry to have to bother you for more help.Steven

>Thanks Bill, >Your responce is greatly appreciated. The MakeModel.exe I >was using was from a later issue. I had the new ver in my >download from MS. I did as you said and downloaded the >middlemen and commander. followed the instructions to the T. >I also setup the .par file. I then tried the one step >export. All was looking great till I looked at the model in >the vc mode. Nothing shows up again.OK, you did remember to tick off the box in MiddleMan to generate an "auto interior" right?Also, make sure that you don't export with &l;exterior&r; and &l;interior&r; groups from GMax, at least, not for the first testing phase. You just need to see if a VC interior is being autogenerated for you for now.

Sucesss, I have found the interior! It must have been the old MAKEMDL.exe as the problem. I went backward a few steps and set up without the commander program. I made a complete copy of the model and didthe two group thing and the BGL export. I then redid the export and used the MDL output. The mdl made both files and TADA!!!All that was needed then was to tweek the aircraft.cfg the get the pilot inside the cockpit instead of standing outside looking back at the plane wanting a ride inside for the first time.Thanks again for you contribution now on to the next thing, the guages.Steve