Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Skyking Misssing Gauges in BobcatF Panel

I downloaded the Skyking package here at Avsim tonight. The package is GREAT but there are two missing gauges (Seabee-attitude and xbobcat-gear) in the BobcatF panel. I tried sending e-mail to Bill Lyons, the author, but it was returned as undeliverable. Does anyone have these two gauges or know how to contact Bill Lyons? Thanks, best regards to all, Bob.

Guest Douglas K

"Out of the clear blue of the western sky -comes- SKY KING!!I just played the WAV file Sksb1 in the sound folder of this zip, it brings back happy childhood memories. Bill Lyons has a great talent for nostalgia. I love everthing about this package, the '49 Caddy oh man!It did have some problems though, and you will need to find the update - skykng2a.zip which according to the download info will: This update adds a fourth RCAF Crane livery and related training flights. It also corrects some gauge problems in the original Sky King package.I tried to find it here at Avsim but the search returned zero files. So travel over to here: www.flightsim.com and you will find it in the Flightsim library. Just search for the filename skykng2a.zip.If you don't want to download the update, just change the BobcatF panel CFG file attitude ind references to this:gauge00=P47d!Attitude,444,198,97Make this change to window00 and VCockpit01 which is what the author did in the update.Since the Bobcat on floats is not an amphibian, no landing gear gauge is required, hence the "x" in front of the Bobcat-gear gauge entry in the panel CFG.

Hi Douglas. Works fine now thanks to you. That panel mod was not in the update. I just used your gauge00 line in both panels. Best regards, Bob.

Guest Douglas K

>This update adds a fourth RCAF Crane livery and related training flights. It also corrects some --gauge problems-- in the original Sky King package.< ----- From the Flightsim download information.That's odd, the update I have fixes the missing gauge, I don't remember where I got it as it's been over a year - so much for truth in advertising!Well... as long as it worked out for you, I like a happy ending!By the way, if you like Bill Lyons aircraft you should check out this site: http://windrfters.com/index.htm to see what he has been up to recently.

Hi Douglas. Thanks. I do appreciate your help. I love the Skyking addon. I've made a lot of mods to the panel to suit me. I did visit his site. There is a lot of good stuff there. Best regards, Bob.