Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

Problems loading gauges compiled with gcc

Guest skylanepilot

Has anyone out there had any luck building gauges using the GNU tools under Cygwin?I've managed to get the samples from the Panel SDK compiled as well as my own dummy gauge (bitmap and mouse tooltips and not much more). They show up just fine in FS Panel Studio, but FS2002 won't load them.I really don't want to spend $100 on Microsoft's compiler when I've got a perfectly good compiler for nothing ;-)

Hopefully, you have downloaded sd2gau13.zip (FLIGHTSIM) and are using the updated FS2K2Gauges.h file.I tried using the Cygwin and several others, but with no luck.

Guest skylanepilot

Latest update ...After poking around, I actually found an option on the minGW pages describing a cygwin compiler option that seems to work. Added the -mno-cygwin switch on the command line, recompiled and got the gauge to show up in FS2002. My guess is that without the switch (a) the compiler maps some functions to cygwin functions and/or (:( the linker is simply including the cygwin DLL in the link.I'll probably slog along with the cygwin tools for a while, but keep my eye on minGW as an option. If anyone's had success building gauges with either tool chain and would care to share their Makefile or build options it would be a great help.I'll also grab the updated header.Thanks again for your help ...

Guest bartels

A makefile for MinGW is in the sd2gau13.zip package, tigether with some extra files. These were made by Daniel Steiner, with some little adjustments by me.Arne Bartels

Guest skylanepilot

Thanks ... I just pulled down the sd2gau13 package. I wish I'd found that a couple of weeks back :-roll !! I think that'll keep me going for a while!