Sign in to follow this  

Texturing in GMAX

Dear all,I'm having a problem texturing my aircraft in Gmax and I'm not sure where I'm going wrong .I'm creating a 1024x1024 texture in PSP and applying it to my model in GMAX, the problem is the texture has a few stripes which curve slightly and although the stripes look fine on the bitmap they come out with jagged and rough edges when applied to my aircraft.I've tried everything I can think of with no success.See attached image .Any advice appreciated regardsGilles

That is simply because of the texture size that gMax shows. 512X512 is maximum texture size that gMax "renders" on the model. Even if the texture would be 1024X1024, in gMax it is drawn as 512X512 at max...But in your case it looks like you still have default gMax settings, and therefore the texture is only drawn in 256X256 size. That causes the jagged edges of the stripes. You can tweak the settings from Customize-> Preferences -menu and there from Viewports tab. On the attached picture you will see my settings...But before you tweak those settings, make backup copy of your original settings as there might come up some unexpected things with different graphics cards...Mikko http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/mmniemi/shots/banger.gif

Mikko Maliniemimmniemi@hotmail.comhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/mmniemi/DF...MIKKO_avsim.jpg

Thanks Mikko ,This has done the trick looking much nicer nowthanks for taking the time to respond and for your informative screen shots.cheersGilles