Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

my cessna 340A for FS2002

I am building a Cessna 340A and a turbine 337 skymaster both aircraft will have authintic panels and sounds both planes should be done late this year if I ever figure out FSDS2

Check out my thread:http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...orum=DCForumID9I've never touched a CAD program before, except for a few brief tries at GMAX. The aircraft you see me building is my first effort. Not even up to today's freeware standards, but we all have to start somewhere. I still suggest you pick one project, and stick with it--best way to learn. Also, I think you should try something with fixed gear first. It's challenge enough to learn how to shape and mold your aircraft....you don't want to throw animations on top of that....-John (another FSDS 2 newbie)

If you have any specific questions then post them here. I'll try to answer them to the best of my knowledge. :) Let us just say that I'm a heavy FSDS2 user. ;)

how do I size up the fusselage with the points?

Guest jlwoodward

Greg,Haven't heard from you in a while. How's it going?John Woodward

Its going ok buddy I just have to learn how to form the fusselage to the backdrop with the points how do I do that John?

I don't have the time in the morning now, I'm off to visit the DC-2 "Uiver" in Lelystad and take alot of pictures. :( As sson as I'm back, I'll post a nice little tutorial about that.

Geez, awash... How many of these projects have you actually started?

I don't know, but I share the same feeling too... anywayzz, I might aswell try to help the guy to the best of my knowledge. Perhaps he's a telented designer who actually doesn't know which plane to build first... :S

i dont think he has designed a block to be honest

Guest panzerschiffe

I was the same way...started 5 different things before I finally settled on a keeper to follow through the the end.

"I was the same way..."I hear that. Before I started sticking with my Microlight project, I was fiddling with a Lancair, a Citation, and a Quicksilver. I had to fight off the urge to post regarding these aircraft, as sometimes a reaction one way or another can be great encouragement--or can easily discourage. I did learn one thing--for a first project, one shouldn't feel "stuck" to create an exact replica of an existing aircraft. Create an experimental aircraft, as I did. I did use 3-views of a RANS to start my Microlight project, but once I had a fuse and overall a/c design similar to a RANS, I kind of let my creative juices take off from there.... It sure offers freedom to be free of a fixed design, and I think more opportunity to learn.-John