Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

Sabreliner Project

I and two friends are beginning a freeware Sabreliner package for FS2002. The airplane will be designed in FSDS2 and will include at least a custom panel. We have detailed pictures taken of the airplane, inside and out. While we have experience with aircraft design and with panel bitmaps and compilation...we have no experience in gauge design. We are looking for a gauge programmer to participate in the project to create custom gauges for the aircraft. Any feedback, volunteers, etc, would be greatly appreciated. Keep the greasey side down!Brad

Trying to drum up some support, eh? Nice pictures by the way, they'll work out great.

Guest CX001

I assume you are doing the T-39A, correct? Good luck, and i'm looking forward to flying your work! :D

I do what I can. And we haven't settled on a first release model yet...eh Jeff? I know Rob and I were looking at bizjet models before any military stuff.Brad

Okay, we've got panel bitmaps in the works, an early visual model, and the beginnings of a flight model....any takers now on the gauge design? I'll beg if I have to!!Brad

Guest MikeEppright

Good luck on the Sabre project. I recommend the Sabre 65. It has a polished fixed leading edge not the moving slats of old. As I am sure you are aware of the 65 has the same fuselage as the 60 and the later stretched version of the T-39.If you need any additional info, give me a shout. I don't know everything but do have 3000 hours in various models.

Guest DanWalloch

Just wondering, any progress pics?

Progress on the Sabreliner:This is the first aircraft I've tried to design, so I'm pulling my hair out on a daily basis. I've found a few tutorials, and I have used GMAX before on several scenery projects. This is completely different. I have scrapped my entire workings on four seperate occasions and started over.I can get the fuselage looking pretty good, but for the life of me I can't get the windshield to look right. I've got a few questions for you guys if you can help me:1. When using a cylinder to shape the fuselage, how many sides do you typically use? I need a balance between not having enough to shape the fuselage and having so many as to be overwhelmed.2. When working with a fuselage, is it better to delete half the cylinder and use the "copy instance" method, or just use a whole cylinder?3. Does anyone have a tutorial or a suggestion for shaping a complex part (Like the pointy windscreen of a Sabreliner?)4. I found a tutorial for cutting windows that describes creating a boolean under "complex shape" but alas, no boolean appears under my "create complex shape" menu. Any thoughts?Ok, I'm running out of hair people, any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Jeff

Well first you have to get her in the mood, and it helps if shes drugged, I mean wait, nevermind...Anyway...we still need gauges if anyone is interested :) Otherwise the panel bitmaps are coming along nicely. Oh the flight model is looming!Brad

The Sabreliner said some things that it couldn't take back, and we're not speaking as of right now.

Guest DanWalloch

Nope, none of those. The saberliner is an accient airplane. The only thing high tech is the MFD and kln gps that they added.