Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

Building of complete aircraft -- Forgive me if wrong fo

Folks,Hello all, I am looking for some EXPERIENCED designers. I would like to replicate a C550 for use in FlightSim. All I have is data about the bird, and I fly it regularly.Problem...I do not know how to build it, and I am too critical of myself to attempt it.What I need...I need a group of people who are willing to build it. I would like a bird, panel, and sound. I would like to be able to do it along the lines of PIC or the Falcon 50. You know, I want to enjoy flying it. I will most likely be able to supply all data about the plane.If interested, please email me at jamesjv8@wi.rr.comThanks,Jason Vodnansky

And I want to be rich and powerfull, I want people to attempt to do something first and then start asking for someone else to build it, I want a load of beautifull women around me any time of the day and I want much much more. Unfortunatelly that's not a likely scenario. ;)

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello Jason.Forgive Alexander. I know he sounds a little harsh, but it is just that we have had a lot of people show up in this forum just wanting us to build them a plane, like if it was easy.Not that we don't do that, that's exactelly what we do. We build planes. But it is a very time consuming process. Also, most designers are already commited to a design that they are currently working on.Don't get us wrong, your willingness is appreciated, for it can be hard to find somebody that flies the plane we wish to build, and also the information I am sure you have access to. Let's see if anyone here can take this challenge.I am myself working on a project that hopefully will be up to the standards you mention, but to give some reference, I am expecting it to take just under a year. Yes, the process is THAT time consuming. When you think about it, there are a lot of things you need to do, such as sounds, aircraft visual model, aircraft dynamic (flight) model, panel visual model, gauge programming (can be very time consuming, depending on the panel), virtual cockpit, manuals (not thinking about releasing something that complex without manuals, are ya? ;-)), and then you have to go through an extensive period of beta-testing, to make sure you get all the kinks out of it.So to summarize, your offer is welcome, just don't expect we all to jump at it. People in this forum are pretty commited, and they will probably like to finish what they are working on first. So stick around, and I am sure eventually somebody will hook up with you and make this plane.And Alexander, this is how you look x(, this is how you should look :-). C'mon, be a little gentler next time, I'm sure Jason means well ;-).

Wow, I certainly did not expect to be told to essentially "take a hike". Alexander, thank you for pointing out the error of my ways.That said, I was hoping to hear something like "sounds like a plan to me"Let me clarify my thoughts...I know that I could never create an aircraft to my expectations, as I do not have the skills. What I am hoping to do is contribute something to this hobby that I have come to love. I would like to have a team of people work with me at creating a C550, with panel and sound, etc. The whole experience. I know that people are busy and doing different projects and would never expect someone to drop a current project to do a request. Heck, I have a life as well.So, if a group of people would like to get together as a team and do this, I would like to be a part of it. Please keep me informed.Fabio, thanks for your kind words, I figured about 18 months to be honest, so a year is better than I thought. I knew this was not a quick process .Thanks you again,J. Jason Vodnanskyjamesjv8@wi.rr.com

Hehehe, did I sound harsh? Sorry 'bout that. :) Didn't mean to. But yeah, Fabio is right. Most designers are pretty much booked.On the C550 part. I ain't a panel designer and certainly not a graphics artist. So all I can do is just move the meaningless points around the 3 axis and get a nice shape out of that. But then again, I have two projects running right now... Lemme see... You know, just send me the stuff you have and if I feel pretty bored and fed up with the other two projects one day then I probly start working on the C550. Don't expect too much, but you never now. ;)Fabio. Soz, was a little bit careless on the posting. :S

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Alexander.Not a problem, happens to all of us ;-). But now you are like this :-), so it's all good!