Sign in to follow this  

C-152 Panel Preview

This is my first panel for FS, and I thought I'd share a preview of the main panel with you. The panel will have all internal views, landing panel, and numerous pop-up windows for various things. There will also be a couple of suprises included! There will also be multiple panel.cfg files, giving various avionics options.I have left out the gauge positions on this bitmap, due to the fact that I am making some slight changes in the layout of the panel.The bitmaps are based on real photos, but, due to the poor quality of them, I've had to resort to hand drawing them instead. My original idea was to make it photo-real, but...CheersMalcolm

Guest Kobie1244

Malcolm,have you tried to enhance the photos at all?????I can help you out if you would like. I had the same issue with some of my pictures, and I enhanced them, and they turned out pretty good. Still havent released the panel yet though.the first pic is the original, and the second pic is enhanced....

Thanks for the offer, but they are pretty awful. I have tried enhancing them, but they are out of focus and all sorts. I think it may have something to do with them being taken on a dark day, with a VERY old digital camera, by somebody who doesn't have a clue about photography (me!). Until I get a better camera, I think I'll just stick with hand drawing them from the original photos. (The pic here has taken me about 25 hours so far, and it still isn't finished! I still have a lot of touching up do do with the colours)Thanks again for the offer.CheersMalcolm

Guest Kobie1244

No Prob Malcolm. Keep up the good work, and looking forward to your work!Kobie

I wouldn't want to ruin the party here, but I did some comparing and was a bit surprised. Malcom, the "photos" you used don't happen to be screenshots of Carenados C152 panel? I copied your screenshot and applied it as new layer over a screenshot of Carenado C152 panel and guess what... The match was almost identical. Well, I don't see any problem in that actually if there is nothing "borrowed" on the final bitmap of your own. You can draw your own bitmap over a screenshot of other panel or draw it over other panels bitmap. BUT, you can't of course then have ANY parts from the bitmap/screenshot of the panel that you are using as reference... Unfortunately on your panel, there are definately certain similarities compared to the Carenado panel. For example those text plaques on the left pilar are pretty clumsy copies from Carenado panel. You have just copied them and then moved the other one a bit upwards. And maybe rotated them a little bit. Everyone can look at the following screenshots and do your own comparing. First one is Carenado panel, second one is Malcom's project and the last one is a combination of both... Mikko http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/mmniemi/shots/banger.gif

Mikko Maliniemimmniemi@hotmail.comhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/mmniemi/DF...MIKKO_avsim.jpg

Thanks for bringing that up, Mikko. I was really tired when I posted that. What I should have said was that another panel was used for reference on size and shape (Carenado), but it is not finished by any means. I have some new (decent) photos on the way to me which will entirely change the panel wall, and, hopefully, the bottom of the panel where the switches are.Please bare in mind that the screenshot DOES NOT represent the finished panel, but is an early development shot, and will DEFINATELY. change a great deal! CheersMalcolm

I'm hoping for a 150/152 panel that actually has a C150/2 airspeed indicator. They all seem to use 172 and 182 indicators, and the redline, yellow, green and white arc speeds are all wrong for the little 2 seater...are there any 150 airspeed indicators out there???Dave

There will be when I've finished my panel!CheersMalcolm

Hooray, and thank you!!I like puttering around in the 150/2, as it's the only plane I can afford to rent and maybe own someday. Flew from COS-MLB in FS2K2, great VFR fun. Had to "tone down" the performance some, and pull the max RPMs down. A 150 up here at 6800 ft in the summer is "interesting" (double digit climb rates when "heavy"). Really separates the men from the boys...Thanks again, looking forward to it...Dave>There will be when I've finished my panel! >>Cheers >Malcolm