Sign in to follow this  

Texturing problems in GMAX

Dear all,I'm texturing a aircraft in GMAX and although textures seem ok I have a strange problem appearing which can't seem to get around.I'm using a semi-transparent texture for the propdisk (prop_blurred) and when you look through the disk at the fuselage of my aircraft it makes the fuselage sides transparent.(see attached image for example)Anyone seen this before or have some clues on how to solve any comments appreciatedregardsGilles

Guest Milton

Gilles,Are you using _t on your prop mesh and the fuse? I notice that the nacelles do not go transparent. Are you using reflective on the nacelles and fuse? If so, ensure that the _t is added to your fuse and prop mesh, and also you will need _L for night time to eliminate transparency.Milton

Guest PhLem

I would personally suggest not to use reflective textures on the props. From my experience it makes your glass dissappear when you are viewing them thru the disks. I can re call someone explaining this awhile ago. He wanted to put reall sunglasses on a pilot in the cockpit. But because of there being 2 transparent objects right after each other, the one would go lost. I have had this with my Twin Otter also. My disks were _t bmp's and the glass had that also. When the windows would fall inline with the disks, they would dissappear just like in your picture.Take care,Udo.:-wavewww.YeoDesigns.com

It's quite a famous trouble... Seeing shadows from the prop discs says you use 100% opacity of the props' material. Change it to 99% at least - and you won't be dissapointed :)

Thanks all for responding,Xomer you were right I was using 100% opacity on the props I reduced it to 99% and the problem is no resolved.Thankyou very much as I am new to modelling I was getting very frustrated not being able to get around this all the best Gilles