Sign in to follow this  

How can I fly faster???

My Mirage III should make a speed of Mach 2.2! But the Aircraft starts shaking with Mach 1.0 and that's it! How can I make my Aircraft faster and fix this with the shaking?Thank's for any Help!!!Isra

Increase your aircraft stability modifiers.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Isra.Modifying AIR files, which is what you have to do in this case, is not an easy task. I would consider it more an art than technique, although a technical background and knowledge of aerodynamics would definetely help.But don't be affraid, there are tools and places to get help. I'd start with Jerry Beckwith's excelent Excel Spreadsheet downloadable at www.mudpond.us In this spreadhseet, you input a number of information about your plane, and it will create an aircraft.cfg file and an updates.txt file. The later will be used to update your AIR file. These two files, the aircrft.cfg and yourplanesname.AIR are what control the way your plane flies.To get help on the spreadsheet or anything else to do with AIR files, you can use this forum, but you willprobably get faster response at http://www.avhistory.org/scripts/MegaBBS/category-view.asp Two forums you wanna look at here, the 1% Spreadsheet and Tools (to ask questions about Jerry's spreadsheet) and Air File Decode, to ask questions about the AIR file.There are more websites that can help, but I don't want to overwhelm you.Now, if you arenot thinking about commiting yourself to spending some time modifying your AIR file, then we could see if anyone here would volunteer to do that work for you.

Guest Douglas K

Isra,If you are interested in a quick fix for the shaking, open the aircraft CFG file with notepad and scroll down to the section:;Moments of Inertiaempty_weight_pitch_MOI = 50000 //<---- increase if requiredempty_weight_roll_MOI = 45000 //<---- increase if requiredempty_weight_yaw_MOI = 90000 //<---- increase if requiredempty_weight_coupled_MOI = 0If you can identify the axis that is shaking - pitch, roll, or yaw - then simply increase the related MOI until the problem is cured.You can usually tell which MOI needs to be increased by watching the primary flight instrument indications, or by looking at the aircraft in spot plane view while flying at the airspeed at which the instability occurs. Should you be unable to detect which axis is shaking, then simply increase all MOI's until the shaking stops. Note that the Yaw MOI should be about equal to pitch + roll values.Don't be afraid to increase the numbers you find under the Moments of Inertia heading by 5000 or 10000 at a time until the instability stops at all airspeeds up to Vmo/Mmo. Remember to check the true airspeed of your aircraft as a maximum speed of Mach 2.2 will be attained at high altitude not 5000 ft AGL.Then if you are interested in learning about Flight Simulator flight dynamics be sure to check out the links that Fabio posted, there's plenty of great infomation to be found at those sites about how to set up the flight model correctly and avoid this and other flight dynamics problems.You may also want to visit :http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hsors/FS_Soft/index.htmlfor even more flight dynamics info, utilities and resources.

Hello Guys!Hey thanks a lot for your answer's! I will check out all links and try to help myself as fare as I can!If i need help you will hear from me!See you and thanks again....Bye bye and God blessIsra