Sign in to follow this  

Probably a Well Known Process, But ...

Guest Fly1

For me the light bulb finally came on.I was trying to cut the rudder from the vertical fin on the Legacy, and when completed and exported to FS, the edges were always jagged in certain spots. Well I tried several fixes but none took care of all of the bad edges. I did not want to remake the part, so I sat and pondered.I use the MiddleMan tool when exporting to FS. So instead of letting MiddleMan export the finished item to FS, I used it to make the X file, then the makem.exe to finish. For giggles I turned off the optimize and weld point options. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Every edge was razor sharp.I'm sure the seasoned modelers are probably aware of this, but this makes my weekend, BIG TIME. All the rough edges I have been grumbling about now look far better. The options part probably didn't really do that much, since I see the optimize indicator during final export, but not using MiddleMan for the final appears to be the trick. If there are any pro's that can comment more on this, it would be great!LaterBob C.

Guest Fly1

Ok, After further testing, I find I had for some reason, probably default setup, the "Weld Point" option set in MiddleMan. Unselecting it and saving as new default options takes care of it.Now the one step export to FS is nice and clean.Takes care of so many frustrations I have had.Tried the new MiddleMan Chris just listed, and I am using MdlCommander, but first attempts have not yielded specular light settings in the X file. I'll play with it some more.Cheers allBob C.

Guest Fly1

Well,Amazing what reading the instructions can do. Got the new specular feature to work in Middleman, but doesn't use the custom colors I had set in Gmax. Pretty cool!!I'll do a little more reading.Bob C.

Yes that is known, but I cannot make this working with interior LOD. Obviously, this is very important - you always need a tiny details in VC - but with this welding they become distorted :( Any ideas how to fix it?