Sign in to follow this  
Guest adevins

Middleman 1.3 beta : Dynamic shine

Guest Fly1

Kudo's Dude!!Your an ACE.Appears to work fine. Really appreciate your quick attention to issue's. Sincerly!!Bob C.

Guest adevins

Any Ideas on this, sorry to be pushy.>hi, I seem to be having one of the problems fly1 was having, >the specular works fine on all my parts except the fuselage, >Any ideas as to why it isnt working on it. >>Thanks >Alan

Guest Phoenix 8

Right then after looking at you model, i`ve come to the conclusion that its not a specular hightlight problem as such, but a problem with the normals on you fuselage..If you select part of your fuselage and then go into face or poly sub selection mode, select a load of faces and then tick the show normals box, you will see all your normals point in the same direction, instead of being at right angles to the face (which will account for the weird shading), whats even stranger is if you rotate the object the normals dont rotate with it they just stay pointing in the same direction!!. To see how the normals should look, do the same as above but for the tail boom.--------------The easy fix i found for this was to select one half of the tail boom and then attach it to one fuse half, this seems to bring the normals on the fuselage back into the real world as it were :), then selecting just the polys in the fuse part and detaching them from the tailboom, gives the two seperate objects as before, but now both with normal err normals. Repeat this for each of the 4 fuse parts (select tailboom and attach to fuse part not the other way round or else the weird normals pass over to the boom as well).You can also create a quick box (or anything), convert to edit mesh and use that instead of the tail boom for attaching to.Exported to flight sim and it looked fine, oh btw great model :)I hope i made sense.Chris File

Guest adevins

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!, I really cant express in this messgae how greatful I am to you for fixing this problem.out of curiosity, do you have any Idea how this problem origionated in the first place.Thanks again, and if you wouldnt mind I would like to put your name in the credits of the model when its done and mabye a link to your page.Alan

Guest adevins

Chris answered my post so it didnt go to the bottom but it came attached to mine and I did the same to his, if you look up a few post you should see it.Alan