Sign in to follow this  
3atcos

Need help with FSDS V2.11

HiI've just started a SAAB Safir project and have encounterd a strange problem (see the two pictures). The first one is a screen capture from FSDS - the second one from FS2K2. Note the edges around the instrumenpanel. Why is the edge sawtooth like in FS2K2? (it's supposed to be smooth!!)Is there anyone who knows what I can do to solve the problem?All suggestions are welcome.RegardsAsbjorn

Asbjorn:I can't be sure, but it looks like overlapping polys. If so, FS2k2 may not be able to decide which polys to render at any given time. Do they appear to flicker as you move your viewpoint? I have a raised section in the panel of my Fleet biplane. I try to create the illusion of a raised section with textures, rather than a literal raised section.Besttelephile

Guest Dee Waldron

Hi,Try removing the texture from the edge polygons and just use a material definition on them. Just apply your texture then to the front face of the instrument panel. Hope that helps. :)Cheers,Dee Waldron (HJG)

Thanks you guys for all the help. I managed to solve the problem - points on the blue raised part of the panel have been moved further back into the gray background and everything is now as it's supposed to be.Thanks for all the helpful suggestions!!!If I encounter any more problems I'll post them here - it's nice to know I quickly get lots of help if needed!RegardsAsbjorn