Sign in to follow this  

graphical structure of panel

Guest Eugen

Hi,I wonder if it is possible to accomplish something like the picture ie a structured surface with paintshop pro with filters or any other technique?BrgdsEugen

Hi Eugen, I dont use paintshop pro, I use photoshop 5 (for various reasons over newer versions). At any rate, there are lots of ways to acheive a texture like that with a random feel. Cutting and pasting a image like that will lead to a repeating pattern. The way I ALWAYS do it is to use layers, especially for parts that have different textures. I am completely unfamiliar with paintshop pro, but there are several filters that I use in photoshop that give me various textures. I suggest playing around with them, and see what does what you like. Normally a grain or noise will give you a rough surface look like that. Hope some of this helps.Ian GrantPS, you can check out some of the panels ive uploaded here at avsim for some examples.

As an added comment to Ian's post - PaintShopPro supports layers, and also many of the PhotoShop plugins.In the broad scheme of things Photoshop techniques and tutorials *generally* apply to PSP ... in principle.

Hmmm... I think the only thing you need is Effects > Noise > Add...;-)Etienne :-wave

Ian;I still have Photoshop 5 on my system even though I have 7 installed.May I ask why you still prefer 5? I was going to remove it, but maybe not.Many Thanks;telephie

Guest Eugen

Worked with noise :-)Thanx guys for supportEugen

I spent alot of time learning all of the ins and outs of photoshop 5, and have grown to know it and like it. I'm very happy with the results that I attain, so to go through another learning curve doesnt seem worth while at this point. V-5 also seems to be much more stable to me, having had 5.5 crash randomly on me from time to time, and 6.0 was vastly different from version 5.x. I guess my reasons are primarily personal prefference though. Its a great program and I use it for everything.Best Regards,Ian Grant

Thanks, Ian. I've actually found a couple features in ver 7 that aren't nearly as intuitive or as friendly as in ver 5. Makes me wonder if it was worthwhile.Best;Steven D. Myers