Sign in to follow this  

Applying 2 textures to one part

Guest BenAlf

Hi everybody, im Ben Alfoldi, and its probably my first post in this part of the avsim forums, and my first post with my new username.So what im having trouble figuring out is the following:How do you apply multiple textures (like 2 bmps) to the same part.For example if i make a fuselage and i make a seperate bmp texture for the left side and a seperate one for the right side. This has probably been answered before, but i cant seem to find the solution :(So thanks for your helpBen Alfoldi

Ben, Which design program are you using? if it's FSDS 1 or 2 I can help.... If it's GMax I can't even make a box in that program :-lolBrian

Guest BenAlf

hoops, sorry, forgot to mention.Its gmax 1.2But thanks anyway Brian :)

Hi Benalf: you can find some complete tutorials at www.freeflightdesign.com.A quick answer is:1 apply the texture to the part as normal procedure.2 Convert the part to editable mesh3 Pick the poligon, set ignore backface to on4 Select all polygons to apply the second texture5 when apply the gmax answer you about multimaterial, answer yes and this is all.Jose