Sign in to follow this  
Guest luhiss

Help with spoilerons please

Guest luhiss

The spoilers on my plane have different properties, such as: some will not deploying unless on ground, some are spoilers and some are spoilerons, and they deploy farther on the ground than in the air. The aircraft.cfg has a very limited spoiler section. How do I make these properties work?Thanks in advance!Luhiss

In the &l;airplane_geometry&r; section of your aircraft.cfg file, look for the following:&l;airplane_geometry&r;spoiler_limit=60.0 //Degreesspoilerons_available=1 //Spoilerons Available? 0=no spoilerons, 1=spoilerons availableaileron_to_spoileron_gain=3 //Aileron to spoileron gainmin_ailerons_for_spoilerons=10 //Degreesmin_flaps_for_spoilerons=0 //Minimum flap handle position when spoilerons activate NOTE: IS MAY BE DEGRESS, NOT POSITION

Guest luhiss

I understand that part, but I dont understand how to define properties of individual spoilers. For example, if a each wing has 5 spoilers, and only the outboard is a spoileron, how do I define that?Luhiss

I guess I misread what you were asking. I think for fs2002, if you name a part spoiler and then select the spoilerons option, all the spoiler named parts are going to react together.

Guest panzerschiffe

Try doing this...Spoilers are keyframe animated parts.Let's say your ailerons have an up limit of 20 degrees and a down limit of 20 degrees. If you want some spoilers to animate along with those ailerons, set their first keyframe at zero, then animate them to the extent you want them to be deployed at keyframe 20. When the ailerons move, the spoilers animated for those first 20 frames will also move.For the spoilers you don't want to move, retract them and set their first keyframe at 20, the animated them out to whatever extend you want. No matter how much the ailerons move, since their limit is 20, those spoilers will stay retracted until you deploy them beyond 20 degrees. I think spoilers are like flaps, in that they deploy to whatever extent is defined in the .cfg file. If the max is 60 degrees, that gives the spoilers 60 keyframes with which to animated. Someone please correct me if I am wrong

Guest luhiss

hmmm, that is an interesting idea, ... and could possibly work... but when the spoilers are deployed, the spoilerons would be delayed by 20%... but we might be able to live with that...but how about this?One spoiler only deploys when the aircraft is one the ground, not in the air.. hmmmmm.. what a quandry...Luhiss