Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

GCC - Compile error...

First attempt to compile with GCC. Got a bunch of warnings regarding several redeclarations in the GAUGES.H of sd2gau13.zip and the basetsd.h (UNIT32, PUNIT32, UINT64, PUINT64).Last line is shown in the pic attached. What's up there?Thank you,Etienne :-wave

Guest bartels

Hmm, strange, I thought I erased these problems before, which GCC version do you use? At least they are warnings, no errors, and can be ignored.Apart from that, you use "gcc ...c" as commandline, this won't give a complete gauge, you should use the makefile included in :...sd2gau13FS2K2 Gauge HelpGnu and Borland C++ Header filesGcc.zipOr, of course, just to test, use the -c flag to avoid linking, this should erase the error message to "WinMain..."Arne Bartels

Guest bartels

Since you ahve error messages regarding "gauges.h" is it a renamed "fs2k2gauges.h" from sd2gau13 or is it the original MS SDK file? I thought I found a way to avoid to avoid these warnings dependent on GCC version, but I might be wrong here. If your "gauges.h" is the original replace it with fs2ksgauges.h or rename the "#include"s in the c files and makefile.Arne Bartels

Ah, Arne, what the heck would we do w/o ya, you're the man, as always. :-)Just changed the fs2k2gauges.h in the makefile supplied with sd2gau13 to gauges.h, fired up the thing which seemed to be the make.exe equivalent mingw32-make.exe, and there even jumped out a working gauge, hehe! :-hahAlso got the DX SDK today so *maybe* *eventually* Q's about this will follow, anyway, 'til then,thanks a bunch,byeEtienne :-wavePS. By the way, the version I use (better the filename) is MinGW-2.0.0-3.exe.

Guest bartels

That's why there are strange constructs like:#if !defined( _BASETSD_H_) && !defined(_BASETSD_H)etc.earlier versions of GCC use no BASETSD.H, and later versions do use it, but use different #defines then the other compilers (_BASETSD_H_ instead of _BASETSD_H). Earlier verions of GCC weren't able at all to digest the original gauges.h, because of various non ANSI-C declaration MS used, newer GCC are better here, but still need the reworked file from sd2gau13.zip.Arne BartelsP.S. I saw somewhere in a GCC documentation to rename mingw32-make.exe to make.exe, this allows the "normal" way to type simply "make" on the commandline as it is common for all non-MS Compilers on most platforms.

Well if it's just that nasty underscore I'd maybe change stuff by myself. But 'tis just warnings, so...