Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

Strange Error Message!

Suddenly, beginning just about a week ago I started hearing a "ding" (Windows Error sound) while loading FS2k2 and having this message appear under the splash screen. It doesn't immediately result in a crash of FS2k2, but it is a precursor of a soon-to-happen-crash.Has anyone else experience this and/or know what the heck is causing it?

Well this box contains invalid information.While cross checking with a calculator I just called my maths teacher and he officially confirmed that 0.9100000000000000300000000 is indeed greater than 0.0100000000000000000000000. Since this is valid, the invalid information is obviously the title bar displaying "Error".j/k :-lol LOLSorry bud but I can't help ya this time...Etienne :-wave

Hi Fr. Bill, Been a loooooonnnng time. I hope this may help you out.. It is an error message of the FX engine. One of your effects has a minimum ( Rate, Size, Time or other ) greater than the maximum range. The effect will randomize if the two numbers are different, but will stay constant if the 2 numbers are the same. Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Hey Roman! :-)Haven't ya been the guy who made that XML 737 panel? How's it goin'?Etienne :-wave

>Hi Fr. Bill, >> Been a loooooonnnng time. I hope this may help you out.. >It is an error message of the FX engine. One of your effects >has a minimum ( Rate, Size, Time or other ) greater than the >maximum range. The effect will randomize if the two numbers >are different, but will stay constant if the 2 numbers are >the same. Hmmm... that sounds easy enough to test, since there have been only two new 'fx' files added recently, although both of them have been functioning perfectly for at least two weeks prior to the problem manifesting itself.I can easily remove those two fx files and test it.That hasn't seemed like a probable cause simply because the error is occuring during the initialization phase of FS2k2 before reaching the a/c selection menu.I'll post the results of the test later today, as I've got to get ready for mass this morning... :)

>Hi Fr. Bill, >> Been a loooooonnnng time. I hope this may help you out.. >It is an error message of the FX engine. One of your effects >has a minimum ( Rate, Size, Time or other ) greater than the >maximum range. The effect will randomize if the two numbers >are different, but will stay constant if the 2 numbers are >the same. My friend, you nailed it dead on!As much as it pains me to say this, I found the blighted bugger that has caused so much angst, wailing, nashing of teeth, and forced unnecessary worry on my fellow team members...It was one of my durned 'fx' files that is the guilty party!Specifically, the esbj400_taillight.fx file...Contained in that damnable file was this single, teeny-tiny, minusculeand seemingly insignificant typo:[Particle.0]Lifetime=0.00, 0.00Type=19X Scale=0.91, 0.01 <<<===here it is!That should have been:X Scale=0.91, 0.91I deeply apologize for the problem my fat fumble fingers haveengendered...I'm off now for a few hours of flaggelation with my "cat 'o nine-tails,"followed by a week of wearing my hair-shirt...

Fr. Bill Glad it worked out for you.... :-) It sure was a bugger to find when I first ran into the same problem.Etienne,,, The 737 panel is scrapped. I became way too busy to even spark up FS2002.. ( Haven't flown since Nov 02 :-( ) Still take a peek at the forums every once to "See what's goin on"... One of these days,, who knows ??? Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap