Sign in to follow this  

Giving the Legacy Legs ...

Guest Fly1

Thought I would post a few shots of the on going Legacy project.This week I have been working on the landing gear. I find I have to hold myself back sometimes. Just how much detail do you want to add, and not hurt performance? Hmmmmmmm ... Oh just another bolt here, fitting there.Gear doors will be replaced when actually cut from the wing. Animation work will be next. I will be searching the usual places for tips. If anyone knows of info on folding articulated pieces, a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated. How far can you go in FS? I guess I will find out. Well, back to the point pit.Bob C.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Bob, as usual, fantastic. looking very realistic, and I am glad to see you are putting in enough (at least for me ;-)) details.By the way, I replied to your answer where you mentioned you sent me two e-mails with no joy, but I don't think you saw that. Try me at miguez@virtualwideroe.com

Guest Kobie1244

Bob, Great looking Lancair! I love it a lot!! It is one of my favorite GA aircraft.As for your animations, I would be glad to help you out. I am using another email address......so use this one:tealmad@new.rr.comThis will go to my brothers house. I am always over there working on things for FS. Reason being, he has a new 3.06 Gig PC. And things run absolutley fast!!!Do you have a panel with gauges made for the Lancair yet?Contact me and we'll see what we can help you with.Kobie :-wavePS- Is that an FSDS model or GMAX?

Guest Fly1

Appreciate it Kobie,I sent you an e-mail earlier. This is a Gmax model.Breath Deep, Fly High!Bob C.

Guest Fly1

Just a couple of other shots.Got the gear animation pretty dang close to where I want it.Thanks Kobie for the info. I did use several of the tips, which helped!Boy this is fun, and frustrating also!! Onward through the fog.Cheers to all.Bob C.

Guest Kobie1244

How far out till its done????? :)

Guest Fly1

Hey Kobie,Thanks again for the help!! I like the scene you sent. It answered several questions I had.Wish I could say it would be out soon, but there is still a lot of detail work to be done. I am anxious to get it out though. Doing the test flying is awesome and I would love to share it now. Bob Samuelson has provided an awesome air and config file that really cooks. Fabio is talking about doing a panel for her. This would really add a bit of finesse to the package. I want to try and develop a detailed interior (Ugh). Being a bit anal, and a perfectionist, I want it to be the best it can be.Hopefully before too terribly long she will be ready for release.So, for now, off to push a few more points.CheersBob C.

Guest Kobie1244

Okay.... how did you make your dynamic shine in multiple colors??? That looks awesome!!!!

Guest Fly1

Thanks Guys!!The multicolor specular is a thing I was tinkering with in Gmax, and since Chris File put out his new MiddleMan, is really easy to get into FS.After reviewing many Legacy photo's I noticed, the prototype paint job looked different at times. It appears to have a basic white on maroon, but tended to have a blue green sheen to it. So I started playing with the Gmax specualar colors, and came pretty close. Per Chis's notes, to get a different specular color when using an assigned material, set the alternate specular color into the diffuse section. Export to FS through MiddleMan, and voila.I notice it tends to have different shades in FS depending on the viewing angle, sun, etc. Something a little different.Back to the pit ...Bob C.

Hey Bob!Could you then concider making a version with "normal shine color" for repainters? I mean that that blueish shine might not fit for some future repaints. I for example have one white/yellow Lancair in my mind that I might want to paint (at least for my own use) and in that case the yellow color and blue shine might cause some funny effects...Ps. Cant wait for this bird!!Mikko http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/mmniemi/shots/banger.gif

Mikko Maliniemimmniemi@hotmail.comhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/mmniemi/DF...MIKKO_avsim.jpg

Guest Fly1

Very good point there Mikko. We will keep that in mind when getting ready for release.Thanks!!Bob C.

Guest Motormouse

aww, he must've sat up all night polishing it !!That is one smooth model !:-wavePete

Same here I just cant wait till it comes out!!!

If you need any help with anything let me know. my e-mail is bjrcom@nycap.rr.com and the help thing goes out to everyone that creates freeware for fs2002. I constintally download it and i just watn to give back a bit.