Sign in to follow this  
Guest CX001

gmax background image trouble

Guest CX001

Hello everyoneAfter trying over and over again with several methods to get working background images in gmax, I am close to despiration. If I apply a viewport background, the backgrounds always change in their aspect ratios when I zoom in or out. Now I remember the gmax tutorials stating something about when you switch back and forth between full screen, it unlocks the lock aspect ratio/room. If someone could explain the logic in that, please do. :-) Additonally, if I use high res bitmaps for the background, they become very pixelated and unreadable when used as a background in gmax. Lastly, when I have gotten the bmps matched to an object in the scene to calibrate the scene, they promptly shift position and change aspect ratio when I lock the zoom/pan. I have some experience with FSDS1, although I never released anything I designed. I tried searching the archives here but found nothing on the matter. BTW, this is what i've been trying to work on, a RMS Mauretania for FS. Built in 1907, she was the longer, faster, and more lucky sistership of the Lusitania. I have 3+ years experience with AutoCAD, but gmax sure has been difficult to use, despite the wonderfull tutorials that Autodesk supplies. This is my first serious venture into modeling for FS(I did some stuff in FSDS, but never released it). http://www.greatoceanliners.net/Images/Jpe...retania1_03.jpghttp://uncommonjourneys.com/pages/mauretania/maury1.jpgIf anyone could give me a few pointers or at least set me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful. :-lol Thanks for your time.

Guest CX001

Fabio and Felix, thanks a ton. If I ever get this ship done, it sure ill be fun to walk around it with activecamera. :D I'll check those links out when I get home tonight.