Sign in to follow this  

A simple yet mind boggling question

Hello all, I recently completed my model and am now having trouble getting it to show up ingame. I made the model in Gmax 1.2 and I have yet to texture it. I created the mdl file with the included Flight Sim .mdl converter that came with FS2k2 Pro and I changed the lines in a borrowed aircraft.cfg, borrowed and renamed a .air file for testing purposes and have aliased the panel and sounds to the cessna 182 for now. My problem is that the aircraft does not show up in the list. I made proper names, checked everything mulitple times but am unable to figure out what is wrong. Only thing I can think of is becuase it isn't textured. I only want to test to see if everything sits right at the moment. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :) Thanks, Topdog

Missing textures shouldn't be an issue. I'd make sure your model.cfg points to the right .mdl file, and that the .air file is identified correctly in your aircraft.cfg. If you're still stumped, post the first 20-30 lines of your aircraft.cfg-John

I made the proper imputs into the aircraft.cfg but here ya go:[fltsim.0]title=Dura Ultralightsim=Dura Ultralightmodel=panel=sound=texture=kb_checklists=duraflykb_reference=atc_id=N700MSui_manufacturer=Duraui_type=Dura Ultralightui_variation=Scheme 1description=atc_heavy=0atc_airline=atc_flight_number=[General]atc_type=Duraatc_model=Duraatc_id_color=0xffffffffffeditable=1performance= borrowed this from the made flyable piper cherokee. removed the other 2 paint scheme lines and this is what was left. could it be maybe I didn;t do something to the model itself? I know in train simulator any scenery files that have several parts must be combined into 1 to work but locos, etc. can be left with all the parts seperate but just with a hierachy. i.e. the body may be the main parent and the cab, etc. would be the children, wheels would be children to bogies, etc. I did that as well in this model. could that be my goof? I appreciate the help thus far and look forward to sharing my first model for FS2k2 with the community provided it doesn't give me a heart attack first. lol :-) Topdog

Ok I got it ingame. ( problem was I edited the cfg in wordpad on accident & lost the coding ). Now I have a new problem. :( There;s a HUGE white circle under the aircraft but it isn;t there in Gmax. Here's a progress pic. ( taken from side & slightly lookin up to get rid of the huge white circle temporarily ).

Don't know too much about GMAX, but it's looking alright! I just produced and uploaded my first FS creation ever last night, using FSDS 2. I have a thread a bit further down showing the project, and you can see how my project evolved.-John

Hello JohnCi, I was lookin at that earlier after I made this post. looks sweet! I'm not too fond of ultralights but it looks pretty darn good. Only reason I started making an ultralight is cause my buddy that I fly with loves em and I was lookin for something simple for a starter project. Building trains & buildings is easy compared to aircraft. lol Anyways I( think yours beats mine in both looks and color currently. lol Good luck and happy modeling. :) Topdog