Sign in to follow this  

Congratulations RSDG

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello all.Just to give kuddos to RSDG, they just got the AVSIM's Freeware Approved seal in the review by Bear.You guys did a very fine job with the Lake, keep it up!

>Hello all. >>Just to give kuddos to RSDG, they just got the AVSIM's >Freeware Approved seal in the review by Bear. >>You guys did a very fine job with the Lake, keep it up! Let me add my congrats as well! Wow! An entire review for their delightful Lake Renegade 470 certainly trumps a "Bearly Mentioned..." :)

Thank you for the kudos! We never expected such a wonderful response from our "little" project. Stay tuned for the Seawolf.(I'll post a link in the BFU forum to this thread so the rest of the team will see it.)Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums ModeratorRenegade/Seawolf Design Group[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

Guest dek

DITTO for me too, Peter. Wonderful job! dek

This wonderful addition to my collection handles like a dream and is great fun to fly. Thanks so very much!

Okay, I uploaded my skin but didn't include the alteration I made to aircraft.cfg thus:====================================&l;fltsim.x&r;title=Lake Renegade Margaritavillesim=Lake Renigade_V2model=panel=sound=texture=N110Wkb_checklists=Lake Renegade_checkkb_reference=Lake Renegade_refatc_id=N110Wui_manufacturer=Lakeui_type=Renegadeui_variation=Margaritavilledescription=Lake Renegade Turbo 270. FSDS2 model by John L. Woodward, January 2003. Modified By Brian Gladden, February 2003. Paint by Jack "Taildragger" Morris, February 2003.atc_id_color=0000000000visual_damage=1 ==============================================Also, I have taken that most wonderful Caribbean music panel concocted by Heather Sherman for the Goose, and adapted it for the Lake Renegade. Awesome addition of music! I have e-mailed her to ask permission to post my Lake adaptation. If okay, I will do just that.Sorry my first upload wasn't complete but I'm learning.

No problem Mike. We all have to start somewhere. Great idea to include the music component from the Duck. I should've thought of that since I was in the Duck Design Group :-doh.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums ModeratorRenegade/Seawolf Design Group (RSDG)

Thanks for your plane and encouragement, Peter.In Jimmy's "Why I Love My Seaplane" article in the Coconut Telegraph: http://www.margaritaville.com/cocotel/plane.htm he quips:"Lindbergh had the right idea years ago. Fly alone and be in charge of your own destiny. I wonder what he would think of my compact disc player mounted next to my navigation radios."Well, Heather's pop-up is the next best thing to cramming a CD player in the panel. I have lots of Caribbean toons to cycle through the positions. ;-)Back when I lusted for a tail-dragger conversion for my tricycle 150, I fancied myself a wanna-be Bush Pilot, even going so far as to housing my little plane in a hayfield near the house in Texas.Years later, I more see the Lake Renegade as something of a curious cross between an Everglades airboat, and an airplane. It's somewhat a manner of flying Volkswagen Bus with similar freedoms.I had to do the Margaritaville thing. My first re-skin and I preserved all the reflection. It's nice. Too bad my .jpg preview didn't work. Oh bother.And so, if a "Bush" pilot hops around the "Bush," then I will have to call myself an island-hopper. It's what I love, it's what I know, and it's where I am. And I proudly display the logo of my favorite refreshing beverage on the tail. Couple'a limes, shaker of salt, the wide open turquoise water, and I'm good-to-go.Lemmesee . . . perhaps BFU would entertain an expansion. Island Hopping Unlimited IHU? A requirement is landing middle nowhere, sunbathing on the wing, and then taking a dip in the beautiful sparkling warm water. Your great Lake Renegade is my new obsession. Thanks.

Island Hopping Unlimited sounds great! Maybe you should give it a shot! We started BFU because we liked bush flying so there's no reason you couldn't start IHU and build a community of similarly-minded folks. Some of us BFUers would probably have fun jumping around the islands too.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums ModeratorRenegade/Seawolf Design Group (RSDG)

Guest Motormouse

He-He,I think you'll find 'Island Hoppers Aviation' already exists somewhereon the web,doing just that.:-wavePeteRSDG

Pete, yours is a perfectly-timed response. Thanks.Those who know me well in other venues know also that I'm a renegade of sorts myself and that being involved in a VA beyond just lurking and/or barnstorming around the neighborhood is not my style.I'm a life-long learner in the autumn of my years bent on having a good time. Check that: a great time.Heather has granted me valued permission to upload and share my adaptation of the music panel. That, then, will be my attention focus for the moment.Nice to be with you folks but I'll have no part of being "in charge" of anything--least of all a VA! ;-)As for seeing what's up with the Island Hoppers, what the heck?Onward, through the fog!

Peter, you're a Champ. Nice to be with you sir!And Oh, the fun I've had at Emma Field. Can't wait 'til summer and BBQ time. Emma is loads of fun in one of Lago's Ultralights (I like the Quicksilver MX). Talk about low and slow! Stalls at 24 mph! Heh heh . .The "real" Washington, Alaska, and all things Klondike and Yukon tug at me just as hard as the tropical waters. Heck, I once owned a "Big Inch" of the Yukon, thanks to those good folks at Quaker. Hmmmm . . . I think the "Big Inch" land company needs a plane. ;-)Make no mistake. The "bumps" in this thread are well deserved. That Lake Renegade is one awesome and enjoyable freebie!Edit: I have some authentic Klondike music for Heather's music panel, too! What great fun this is, eh? Onward through the Bush!