Sign in to follow this  
Guest JTWhite

Altering Virtual cockpit view....

Guest JTWhite

Can anyone direct me to a tutorial on altering the rightfront and leftfront cockpit views or the main VC view.I use Wideview and a separate monitor for my helicopter panel.I was wanting to take the instrument out of the VC view.Any leads???JohnW

Sounds to me like you want a VC mode without any cockpit getting in the way so you can freely pan the view. Is that correct?Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums ModeratorRenegade/Seawolf Design Group (RSDG)[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

Guest JTWhite

What I want to do is get rid of the panel but retain the centerpost and fuselage frame, as well as the window frames of the left and right views. I put my panel on another monitor where it would be in a real helicopter, so I dont need the one displayed in the VC interior...Make sense??JohnW

Yes, I believe I understand. The most you can do with a VC without having the 3D model source is to make the panel in the VC blank--no instruments. The blank panel, seats, yoke, etc will still be there since they're 3D objects.To remove the instruments from the VC panel, open the panel.cfg, look for sections called &l;VCockpit01&r;, &l;VCockpit02&r;, etc. Put a semicolon or two slashes in front of all the gauge= entries so that those gauges don't show up. Alternatively, you can remove those sections entirely.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums ModeratorRenegade/Seawolf Design Group (RSDG)

>Can anyone direct me to a tutorial on altering the >rightfront and leftfront cockpit views or the main VC view. >I use Wideview and a separate monitor for my helicopter >panel. >I was wanting to take the instrument out of the VC view. >Any leads??? Don't use the VC view. Instead, use the 2d view and press the W key twice to remove the 2d panel and mini-instruments.This way you will get a nice, clear and unobstructed view...

Guest JTWhite

you're both close...I want to get rid of the entire instrument panel but keep the fuselage frame...So, when I look out the front, all I see is the centerpost and the front of the helicopter.Same for view out the right front and left front....I fly in Virtual cockpit, but my 2D instrument panel has been moved to another monitor....JohnW

For the VC, you can't do more than what I described because the structures are defined in the 3D model. If you can get the source files for the model, then you can edit it to the way you want it. Otherwise, you'll have to either live with blank VC panels, or create some 2D panels to simulate those fuselage portions you want, less the instruments and fly in 2D cockpit mode.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums ModeratorRenegade/Seawolf Design Group (RSDG)

Guest JTWhite

I kinda figured that....Guess Ill just have to build a full scale Bell cockpit :-lol Thanks for the help anyway.John