Sign in to follow this  
Guest Valid_Andy

GMAX MD11 Progect

Guest panzerschiffe

The flaps extend to a maximum of 50 degrees, their axis of rotation being the bottom of those fairings. The smaller secondary which is above the larger primary flap actually moves like a slat, moving downward and rotating forward as the flaps extend. MD11's can retract their slats independently of the flaps, and the flaps themselves have about 17 different settings when you count the dial-a-flap function that the MD-11's flap selector lever has.

Thanks for the info. i was 10 degrees over the limit. I like md11 flaps 'cause they are the easiest to animate compare to the other planes i've design or still building.

Guest John_Noppe

Wow great MD11, 1 question, will it have a VC?At the one time noone is building a MD11 and a few weeks later 2 great designers are making one :)Greets out of Holland :-wave, John.

If you got the old simubuild a345 & a346, progect concorde sst, and vmax 742 classic, then you got an idea of how my products are. Not really frame rate friendly, but detailed as much as i can...

Guest John_Noppe

cool!, only i dont remember that SST! :(Can you please show a pic the fuse and say how many poly's you have used yet? Thanks either way :)Greets out of Holland :-wave, John.

Guest John_Noppe

Hotty! reall hotty! :D and yea i have seen those screenies, but that was like a long time ago :)EDITE, check your email, the second one you got from me ;)Greets out of Holland :-wave, John.

Guest Valid_Andy

Very very nice, very very detailed, and looks like....a real MD11. I can't believe how goo d that looks. Any basic poly count so far? Freeware or Payware? I had really bad frames on thge 747-200 aswell, do you think they will be as bad on this because i will never stop flying this once it is finished!Andy

Guest CX001

Andy, what he does is use all the polys under the sun at first, and then remove unnecessary ones when the time comes. It allows for easier modeling. Dongmo, you have no idea how excited I am aboput you modeling my home town aircraft! :D It'll be happy to paint the MD demo schemes for you if you like. If this was all going on about 5 years ago, I could run over to Douglas and take closeups for you. What versions are you doing(I think you said a while back, but I don't remember what you said). What engines too? If I were you, I wouldn't worry about the RAT, but hey, it's your model. BTW, the windshield wipers lie horizontal below the sill unstead of the position you have them in. :-)

Guest Valid_Andy

Ah cool, i will try the poly thing then if it is easier :-) and also will you be doing all the engines?ThanksAndy

ALL md11 revisions are build atthe same time, passenger, combi, convertible-freighter and freighter. The freighter will be the most frame rate friendly as it does not have all the other models fuselage windows. I'll release one model free, depending when Bill will finish his panel. for the wipers, do not worry...they are animated. Someone told me that md11 now park the wipers that way, but who worry...if necessary i'll compile two models per revision. i hope to have detailed pics of all engines variations...

To compare things, the 742 model has around 62000 polys. I'll use less than 40000 polys for the freeware model, and maybe a different mapping to ease the frame rate. the payware models will certainly have more polys, but with those new computers out there, the frame rate issue will be adressed, i'm sure...

Guest Valid_Andy

Oh cool, i was ust playing with the 742 this morning and realised turning down the textures helped alot:-) Im glad to9 here there will be A freeware model. What will the differences be if you know by now?Andy

I have not yet decide, but the main difference will be the poly count (which also mean less details).

Guest Valid_Andy

ah cool!Andy

Some were post here months ago, anyway, here are the latest one. Details are so that the trail wing side have a wedge edge...