Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

My F-16 Panel

http://home.cfl.rr.com/mkaprocki/F16/Image5.jpgHere's a pic of the F-16 panel I'm working on. Uses vector gauges for the MFDs, which can be made dimmer or brighter. The radar shows actual AI traffic. It will also feature an authentic HSD. Check out this link to see a couple more previews.http://home.cfl.rr.com/mkaprocki/F16/Now, a question. Does anyone know if it is possible to dynamically move gauge elements? Like, using normal elements (ie, not vector gaues), is it possible to move a string or icon? Don't know of any way to do it, but thought I'd get your opinions.Matt

Guest Fabio Miguez

Looks great Matt.No idea on the gauge moving.Do you go to Daytona or Prescott? I am in DAB.

DAB. What year are you? Freshman now, just scheduled for next semester. Unfortunatly, AS-345 was full, so I gotta wait for my Multi. :-( Matt

Looking awesome so far. :-eekHey those darn vector gauges. Is there somewhere a refenrence or tutorial out there for 'em?ThanksEtienne :-wave

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Matt.I am graduating in 2 and a half weeks, if it all works out :-). I'm AE, though, but I am rated Multi/Comm/IFR, with my CFI ground school done.Do you have Messenger or ICQ? If so, mine are fabiomiguez@hotmail.com and 2339926 respectively.

Yeah. Would even be more useful to have something with DDraw (why ain't that covered in the DX9 SDK? At least I haven't found it).I just successfully compiled the FlightMap, haven't tried it really much, it shows a simple flightplan map. Furthermore you can click on it and it will add new points.I am much more interested in DDraw (or GDI(+)) and DInput right now.Have fiddled around with DInput but it won't even compile; the initialization code seems incorrect; dunno why.Etienne :-wave

Guest Fabio Miguez

Morning (afternoon :-)) Etienne.Hmmm, I only knew about the GDI. What's DDraw? Can it be used to draw vectors in a gauge?

These gauges use GDI, just like the Flightmap example in the SDK. I started with that as a reference and use the MSDN library when I need to look something up.Matt

That's all? Whew... :-eekBTWWhat's wrong with the following code (first attempt at GDI...):

switch (service_id){case PANEL_SERVICE_PRE_DRAW:PELEMENT_STATIC_IMAGE pelement = (PELEMENT_STATIC_IMAGE)(pgauge->elements_list[0]->next_element[0]);HDC hdc = pelement->hdc;Rectangle (hdc, 0, 0, 50, 50);break;}

Well I actually do neither know what the PELEMT_STATIC_IMAGE... stuff nor the HDC is for. Can someone help? This should only draw a simple stupid rectangle.

' evening Fabio! :-coolWell DirectDraw is some part of DirectX. I assume you maybe could draw anti aliased lines etc. for better look. Is also faster than GDI as far as I know. But can't find it in the DirectX SDK. I think I'd better start with GDI. I'd also love to do some DInput... But not as important as vector drawings at the moment.Etienne :-wave

Don't see anything wrong with that, but you do have a blank (really doesn't have to be blank) static image for it to draw over, right? You may also need:SelectObject (hdc, GetStockObject (BLACK_BRUSH));SelectObject (hdc, GetStockObject (BLACK_PEN));before the Rectangle call. This tells Windows to use use a black pen (outline) and black brush (fill). I'm not sure if it defaults to something, so you may need to tell it to load them.A device context (HDC - Handle to a Device Context) basically tells Windows what it is you're outputting to. In this case, we're getting a handle to the DC for a static image we want to draw over.Matt

Hey Matt,I was wondering how you were coming along with your F-16 Panel. Is this going to be available for download or is this just for your own personal use? The reason I ask is because I puchased the Lago F-16 and I'm very disappointed it their panel because of the lack of nav equipment, yours has everything I've been looking for. If this is not for public use, could you help me in modifing my panel to add an HSI/DME into one of the MDU?P.S. Awsome Panel.Thanks,Bill

Getting more and more done each day. Hopefully it should be ready for release in another month. ;) Matt