Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

Gauges offset

Gentlemen,Anyone knows how to get the offset of a gauge ?Tks & rgdsAlberto Kunzel

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello Alberto.All you want is to move it around the panel? If so, open the panel.cfg file under the panel folder, and look for the appropriate

&l;window&r;

Main panel, for example, is usually

&l;window00&r;

, the first "popup" panel, like a radio stack, for example, would be

&l;window01&r;

Once you find the right window, look for the gauge you are trying to move on the gauge list. It should look like this, for example:

&l;Window01&r;BACKGROUND_COLOR=2,2,2size_mm=156,279window_size_ratio=1.0position=8visible=0ident=RADIO_STACK_PANELgauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1, 0, 0gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 2, 0, 57gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 0, 113gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio DME, 0, 151gauge04=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Xpndr, 0, 188gauge05=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 0, 233

The name before the ! is the name of the gauge file, stored in the GAUGES folder in the FS directory. the name afer the ! is the individual gauge names. Finally, the two numbers after the gauge name are the x and y coordinates of the gauge. Missing from this example are two more numbers, after the coordinates, that can define the size of the gauge, but let's not go there for now and assume you want to keep the gauge the same size.To move it, just change the x and y coordinates. Lets say I want to move the ADF gauge 30 pixels to the right, and 10 pixels down. I would change that line to

gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 20, 123

You are done. Don't forget to save the panel.cfg, and if FS is running, don't have this aircraft selected, otherwise the changes won't take effect until the next time you load this plane up. It's that simple. Let us know if this is what you needed.

Fabio ,Thanks for your explanation , but what I need is the hexa of the gau, see below." In this table Offsets are always in hexadecimal. For everything else numbers are decimal unless indicated in the C-style (i.e. 0xFFFF is hexadecimal for 65535, or

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello Alberto.Sorry I didn't understand what you ment.I see what you mean, and I see the offsets on the left side are all hex. But these are not gauges, they look like TokenVars and KeyEvents. Where did you get these numbers?Also, are you sure gauges have offsets? Is this offset the place they are stored in the memory? I guess the best question would be what are you trying to do?

Hi Fabio,You are correct those are tokenvars.For instance, in the autopilot panel we have the altitude, that is a number, so, that output has an offset. Ok?Those numbers I got from FSUIPC documentation issued by Pete Dowson.RegardsAlberto Kunzel

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello Alberto.I am assuming you wanna keep your project under wraps for now. That's fine, I respect and understand that.I am affraid I am not going to be able to help you, since I had not heard of offsets yet. I don't know what they are used for.But here is what I am thinking. I would think you could obtain (although I do not know how) the offsets for every TokenVar. But, depending on what you want to do, you have to keep in mind somethings in a gauge are not controlled by TokenVars. For example, in the gauge I am compiling now, I have ALT_FROM_BAROMETRIC_PRESSURE as a TokenVar to start from, but I then manipulate this altitude through many callbacks, for different reasons, and the output you see on the strings is not the altitude. It has been calculated using the altitude, but it is not the altitude.So if you were to try and manipulate that, I don't think you'd be succesful, for it is a declared variable internal to that gauge only.I am not sure if this has anything to do with your project, or if it is correct, but that's what I am thinking.