Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

Hmmmmmmm ... Gray is Nice Too ...

I've seen this with DXTBMP....The only luck I've had is in saving the textures in 8-8-8 format....I'm still holdin' out hope you'll make the wing views virtual in this beautiful A/C.... Please keep the shots coming.... It's one aircraft I don't think I can tire of... And I hope you consider the Columbia as a future project. I've never seen anyone nail down the shape of a Lancair as well as you have...-JohnI should add, makes my Microloght release a bit embarrassing :)

Ahh, dontcha wanna consider also a Katana for the future? ;-) heheThis thing looks cool! :-cool :-hah :DEtienne :-wave

G0 for 32 Bit....Looking nice! I flew in one of those once. What a fun plane! Shortly after my ride, the pilot ran out of fuel and crashed. They bounced, the nose came off, leaving the pilot and passenger exposed, and when they hit again, both of them lost their feet. It wasn't a pretty site. Amazingly, all four feet were reattached. Anyway... I digress...V

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest Fly1

Thanks John,I'll try the 8-8-8.I am almost finished with the exterior. Need to do the wheel wells.Then I am going to do my best to work up an interior and VC. Wish me luck. Last will be the formal paint job with detail lines, etc. Probably try to put several paint schemes in the package. I know Bob Samuelson wants the Tweety Bird version. I need to get a better wing tip for one color paint jobs though.As for the Columbia, could very well be. I still need to do a Glass Air III for my son. That one should be fun also.Well, back to it.CheersBob C.

Guest Fly1

Little more experimenting with colors. I think the gray looks pretty slick. I guess I've just seen too much of the brown.Having a problem though when converting the bmp with DxtBmp. This texture is sized based on the profile of the plane using a 1024 x 300 frame. DxtBmp tends to loose the fine detail of the trim lines. Tends to blur them together, where as before in the previous texture I was using 1024 x 1024, just to put a texture on the plane, and trim lines were razor sharp. If I load the bmp into DxtBmp as a Targa, it's sharp again, but will not export correctly, comes out as a 1K file.Any helpful comments would be appreciated.Thanks!!Bob C.