Sign in to follow this  

Announcing Project Gulfstream

Hello there fellow flightsimmers and designers. I'm currently starting a rather ambitious project revolving around the Gulfstream series of business jets. The jets will be released with a fully animated and functional gMax designed aircraft, 2d panel, and virtual cockpit. The first aircraft to be released will be the Gulfstream G500. Following that will be the Gulfstream G400, G550, G300, G100, G200, and finally the G150.For those of you that are familiar with Gulfstream's previous aircraft naming scheme and are interested in exactly what aircraft the new models are equivalent to, check [a href=http://www.ainonline.com/issues/10_02/10_02_gulfstreampg1.html]this[/a] link.This is also a call to all developers of any kind who wish to become involved in this wonderful freeware project. Currently we have openings for the following positions:Aircraft ModellerTexture ArtistPanel DesignerFlight Dynamics EditorBeta TesterWe have several members thus far, mainly in the aircraft modeling department, and therefore only need another one or two there. However, all other positions are wide open. Any input from pilots who have flown these birds or thier predecessors would also be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone has some detailed information regarding Gulfstream aircraft, that would also be most helpful.Pictures of current development will be forthcoming as soon as I get home from work.Thanks!

Can you explain more what the texture artist does, if it sounds good I'll try and join.

Basically the texture artist would be responsible for creating the various aircraft paint schemes and liveries for the aircraft.

Hi, If you are interested in a gMax aircraft modeler, I can help you. Just drop me a mail at tiberiu11@yahoo.com Will we do a VC with this project? But in order for me to do it..I got to have some blueprints, and some pictures of it(I think that I can find them on airliners.net and google.com)Yours truly,Tiberiu Brasov/FFX

There are a number of excellent pictures of the Gulfstream V and IV on airliners.net, as well as there being the 3-views of the aircraft on gulstream.com.Also, yes, there will be a VC with the project, although some compromises as far as guages will have to be made panel-wise, as the real aircraft has a very complex FMC type system, and I'm not sure that there are any freeware FMCs out there. If not, I think it will be beyond the scope of this project to model one. Sorry, I'm ranting a bit.Yes, it would be most excellent if you could join us! A website will be up soon, and I'll be contacting everyone shortly via e-mail.Thanks a ton!

Then welcome to the team! I'll be contacting everyone shortly via email so we can get more organized and such.Thanks!

Well Guys, i instruct and fly the Gulfstream II, III, IV and V currently and could loan you any tech info you need. As well i could give feedback on flight dynamics. I literally have volumes of Gulfstream Tech manuals, and also have friends that fly the G-200. If i can help let me know, or email me at iflyagfour@hotmail.com, take care guysMax

One suggestion I have for all of these recreations is incorporation of dynamic wing (and even engine perhaps) views., even if the cabin isn't going to be duplicated. More than any other a/c, I think many hobbyists would enjoy the chance at flying from the perspective of the pax from time to time.I'd be happy to help as a beta tester when the time comes. I've dabbled a bit in A/C design, and feel I could be a pretty fair judge of the desired result. I'm sorry to say that my A/C design skills do not meet the quality requirements for this project.Regards,John

That would be absolutely superb. I will definitely be in contact with you shortly.Thanks!

That's an excellent suggestion. I will make my best attempt to include a wing view in the aircraft when they are released.Thanks!

Guest united777

Any beta Testing slots left? If so I'd love to help you beta test this project. You can e-mail me at a500mhz@hotmail.com :-wave"... AND I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!"[b/]