Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

Adverse Yaw and Yaw Damper effectiveness

Hi All,I am wondering which parameters in the air file would be the best to change in order to improve yaw damper effectivity? The problem is with the CS 727 air file in that it has a lot of adverse yaw and tends to slide in turns even with the yaw damper on. After conversing with the B727 aircrew in the company I work at, the consensus is that the B727 is extremely stable in the vertical axis and the ball is always centered without adding any rudder input.Thanks for any input.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 Mechanic

Guest Milton

Record 1202 is the Yaw Damper record which contains a data element called "Yaw Damper Rudder Limit (deg)" specified in degrees.I run my AC560 at 2+ degrees and feels right here. However on a large jet, some experimenting will be necessary unless you have the RW numbers.Record 1101 has a Yaw Moment - Yaw Rate (Damping) factor, but I would not adjust that except after not finding satisfaction with 1202. Check default jets for their settings on both records.If you have FSEdit added records (yikes!) above 1534 I think, there may be another controlling factor, dunno.Try it, see if 1202 works for you.Milton

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Record 1202 is the Yaw Damper record which contains a data>element called "Yaw Damper Rudder Limit (deg)" specified in>degrees. I'm afraid the 'Yaw Damper' setting in AIR files no longer has any effect in FS2K2. "One Size Fits All" is MS philosophy for the FS2K2 autopilot and Yaw Damper.>I run my AC560 at 2+ degrees and feels right here. However on>a large jet, some experimenting will be necessary unless you>have the RW numbers...............>Milton I removed the 'rudder limit (deg)' variable from the Yaw Damper record in my current aired.ini. While it looked like it covered likely values, it didn't set the rudder limit in FS2K, where the Yaw Damper does work. It's back to the old display reading, all I know is lower values gave more Yaw Damper effect before FS2K2. If you are sure that setting really had an effect in your AC560, let me know. BTW, the "Rudder Effectivity" table is also dead. Apparently back through many FS versions. Too Much Rudder Authority can make an AC too sensitive in Yaw. Especially without the fall off in effect at large deflections the 'effectivity' table should give, but doesn't.Ron

Guest Milton

Hi Ron,Thank for that input. I must not have your latest .ini file as it still shows up here. I am getting what looks like my 2+ degree yaw damper effect. I do not use the FS2K2 records however. Maybe it is a coincidence that whatever MSFS gives us, appears close to what I have dialed in. lol This would be a pleasant surprise. :-)I would be happy to send my air file to you.Milton