Sign in to follow this  
Guest Valid_Andy

My model is.... i dunno!

Guest Valid_Andy

hi, i just exported my model for the first time, and look what iyt looks like! That is with none of the animations turned on, and things such as the spoilers dont work propelry, only 2 of them do, although they are all called l or r_spoiler and stuff like that. Same wiyth my reversers, they edont go in the right directiosn, an some dont work, adn them my landing gear isnt out, and the flaps and slats dont move!http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/3270.jpgAny Ideas?????????????????????TaAndy

Guest PhLem

They could be lots of things Andy. It's not something I can just tell you like that. Probably the pivot points on some parts are incorect. Also there may be something wrong also with the entries in the cfg file.Take care,Udo.:-wave.

Guest Valid_Andy

Hi, i checked the pivot points, and they are all named correctly as far as i can tell. Basically, i just took away all the aniamtions away and it looks fine, thenb i just did the spoilers, and only the 2 which were working before are working now. I havent got a clue why it is so :-( but they are also twisted - not in gMax tho. Could it be the Middleman 1.3 BETA screwing it up? I got it sent to me, and i odnt know how to uninstall it!TaAndy

Guest Milton

Andy,Each animation should be taken one at a time. Work it, test it, adjust it, then when it is right, do the same for the other side.YOu should not duplicate any names. Suffix with _01, _02 as necessary.Flaps depend on the animation name tags used. Each requires something different in the aircraft.cfg. Look at the aircraft.cfg's of the default Boeings for an example if you are using fowler flaps.Gear is a bit more complicated because of the different animations. Take one at a time... like gear extension. When you have that correct, then do the suspension, then the rolling tires.Spoilers are FS animated. If you have more than one on each side, then you will need to suffix them. For example, l_spoiler_01, l_spoiler_02.Take your time, focus on one issue at a time and you will get through it.My practice is to animate and test after I build each part rather than deal with all of them at the end of construction.To save time, just select the basic parts to export and test, like the left gear or right gear.It is not likely that middleman is causing this issue.Milton

Guest Valid_Andy

Hi,thanks alot Milton, sorted it now. Now I have another question - Contact points. What is the Max/Static COmpression ratio thing for, and how do i make suspension like your (Milton's)Dash 7 and Harald Nehrings A310, where it sits about half way down, but if u land heavy goes all the way down, before returning up a bit again?. Also, do i measure contact points from the 0,0,0 to where the landing gear is when it is totally compressed, or totally exteneded?ThanksAndy