Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joe

Falcon 50 Overhead Panel Plays Click Sound - Which One?

Guest Joe

I have become fixated on trying to fix something. It has defeated me!The Falcon 50, by Yannick Lavigne, Fred Banting, Rob Young, has an overhead panel. Clicking on the switches causes a LOUD click sound. I am trying to find the sound it "Plays" so I can edit the volume.The overhead panel, with all it's switches, is just one gauge ( YLF50_Overhead ). I guess this gauge ask the simulator to play a sound each time a switch is clicked with the mouse. But, which sound does it play?!?I have been thru the FS2002 Sound folder and did find a click.wav and when played, sounds like the same click the Falcon uses. But, editing and even removing this sound from the folder does nothing. So, obviously, this isn't the wav the gauge is playing. Since the Falcon 50 did not come with any sounds, I assume it uses default sounds. I've played almost every sound in the sound folder. Even looked in the SOUND.CAB on the install disk and have not found the right one.So, the question is...Can anyone point me to the sound this gauge plays? Joehttp://myweb.cableone.net/joesumralliii/hook5.gif

Hi Joe, I just did a quick check of the original archive file, and there are no seperate sounds included. This can only lead me to belive that the sound file is enclosed with in the gauge file, so you might just be stuck with the loud click sound. As far as I know, this cannot be regulated by changing the sliders in the options>sound menu of FS either.Ian Grant