Sign in to follow this  
Guest John_Noppe

A319 CORPORATE JET NEW PICS

just to show all airbus fan what's new. Flaps, flaptracks, spoilers and aileron have been animated. Technique use to build md11 have been massively used here. pics show the result...Pics will be soon available at who kindly offer to host this progect.ps: some pics are related to a321 (flap section) which will not been release free like the a319 :-(, but who care?

Guest John_Noppe

Looks great! That looks so dang great! :9Keep em comming, and how about shots of the nose? :DGreets out of Holland :-wave, John

Guest Valid_Andy

Very nice!!!!!!!Andy :-wave

You'll be surprise when you'll know that this progect polys will if everything works fine not exceed 30000 (exterior). As i said, it use my new technique which have been validated with the md11. At this state, i'm near 10000 polys, with fuse and the complete wing set. Concorde for example is 100000 polys (interior and exterior), but you'll notice that what kill frame rate is reflections on textures...

Guest Fabio Miguez

Interesting to know that about textures, Herv

It's not a secret...i usually divide mu polys between various parts:-10000 for the fuse-10000 for the wings-10000 for landing system-10000 for the enginesand 10000 for some extra. depending of plane i'm doing, i'll use more polys in some areas. Before the md11, i use to build the flaps and slats after shaping the wing. Now, everything is done before shaping the cylinder that form the wing. the result is a more poly efficient wing, and an ultra precise animation of flaps, slats etc...I've also change a bit the way i build fuse and other parts. Now, i ise many polys only at areas that needs smooth curvature (like wing to fuse a320 part). The result of all that is that even with 48 fuse sides, my a320 fuse have not yet exceed 3000 polys. the polycount problem will remain with big planes, as landing system and multi engines consumes alot of polys (the 747 landing system and engines use the half of polys). Voil

Guest Valid_Andy

WOW! You really are the daddy when it comes to modelling in gMax. Any chance you could tell us how you make noses lol with your new technique, my 21 is struggelling:(ThanksAndy

Guest John_Noppe

Looks great Herv

Guest CX001

Herve, that is some SWEET work. Do you model only in gmax, or do you model in other programs? I'm dreaming of that phenominal MD-11 of yours. Sorry to nag, but so you have a ETA for the freeware version of it yet? Thanks for your time.

Always the same...an extruded cylinder (fuse) is deformed by gmax ffd. usually, i choose to deform the bottom and the upper deck separately, as the upper deck curvature is usually more pronounced than the bottom. the only thing to care about is:-you will need more polys when the curve is pronounced-you should use 3x3x3ffd and move only one side of the controllers. The ffd will do the rest of the job for you. What people usually do not do is to rebuild face by face ALL the cockpit area, be cause gmax did not sometimes correctly set the polys. You'll find that for a 4 vertices polys, depending on the depart vertex, you will have 2 possibilities. i know it's not easy to understand it but try a sphere, and edit the gmax polys, then look at the result in the perspective window, and you'll understand what i mean.

ffd, and hand edit on all faces of the half of the cockpit area is the key in gmax. I say your pics and my md11 was exactly the same as yours now when i start. believe me you're on the right way. if i can suggest you something, it will be to cut the cockpit overall shape (not the various windosw now, but just the overall contour) using boolean, then remove wrong vertices and redraw the faces. Working on one half should then do the thing. If it's too hard, then we'll see...

i learn with 3dsmax, then continued with gmax because of plugin problem. Now that there are one that can export animated objects, i'll gradually move to 3ds max again.