Sign in to follow this  
Guest Valid_Andy

L1011-100

Guest Sunnyzsz

As I am sure you are last week Charles Dayhuff and James Campisi released a totally fantastic L1011 series 100 aircraft, in Delta Airlines (old) livery.Since then I have tried flying her many times, but noticed that as soon as you get to a cruising altitude (33,000 to 41,000) and cruising speed (m.77 - m.82) and using Auto Pilot the aircraft starts to pitch up and down - left to right in aggressive manor.I have tried using loads of panels to see if that

Guest John_Noppe

HmmMaybe try another FDE file like the one of Mike Stone's L1011?Did you edite the aircraft.cfg in any way?Or the FDE file in any way?Either way, its great to help a lady :DGreets out of Holland :-wave, John

Guest Sunnyzsz

I will give that a go :)Thanks for your help, Wave from Southampton, United Kingdom!Kimberly.

Just as a point of clarification, I had nothing to do with that wonderful L1011 other than the Delta repaint and Charles using a few of my textures for his paint kit. All credit goes to him, I just did the easy part :)Hornit

Guest John_Noppe

hehe, keep us informed :DAnd yea James (Hornit) Designing is hard! LOL I can know with my DC10 :-lolGreets out of Holland :-wave, John

Guest Sunnyzsz

Which part was that?

Guest John_Noppe

Eh? What do you mean? :-lolGreets out of Holland :-wave, John

Guest Sunnyzsz

Sorry I am being blond (dumb!)... FDE file, can I just swap them over and it will work?

Guest John_Noppe

Yea but you have to give them the original name! :DLOL Dump and blond he? that aint no good :-lol Atleast you have a smart boyfriend then LOL He doesnt work as a pilot for BA for nothing :DGreets out of Holland :-wave, John

Guest Sunnyzsz

Oh he has all the brains BUT I have the looks, I am a cabin service director ;)So I just copy over the FDE file? (ok, not being really thick, where is that?)...

Guest John_Noppe

Oke its in the aircrafts main file zo like:fs2002/aircraft/L1011Hope you get it lolAnd ah, you got the looks he? :9 :-xxrotflmao LOL J/KAnd what does that mean? Cabin Service Director?EDITE, I am of to bed, its 23.00 and have to get up at 6.30 lolGreets out of Holland :-wave, John

Guest Valid_Andy

Sunnyzsz - if you havent got it sorted yet:Go to mikestones website - www.pmstone.com register and download hill L1011 - then copy the .AIR file from that into the aircraft you are having problems with, and then rename the .AIR file you just put into the aircrafts folder you fly, with the name of the old AIR file which was there before, that should work i think :-) I don't think it will be anything to do with the .cfg file which is in there too, and if you swapped that from mike stones L1011 you might find your aircraft floats above the ground or is underground, so changing that gets a little more complicated - you have to getthe contact points out of the one you were using and replace the new ones from mikes with yours! And then same for lights and stuff:D So could take some time.....Andy :-wave