Sign in to follow this  

Formatting Problem With Imagetool

HelloSimple question for you experts but cannot find the answer anywhere. I am a bit of a novice to repainting and have tried to amend the paintscheme for my own use on a Project Airbus A320 using Paint Shop Pro 7. After formatting the texture using imagetool so that it appears right in PSP, when I reformat it it shows in Flightsim as shiny metal and doesn't show the painted texture. Can anyone help?Many thanksRossNottingham, England

Guest John_Noppe

It has something to do with the alpha channel, I suggest you get a program called DXTBmp and use that, I cant explain now since I was going to bed :-lolIf i get online tomorrow i will :)Greets out of Holland :-wave, John

Thanks for your reply John and greetings to Holland!! :-wave Any further info you can provide would be very helpful.Many thanksRossNottingham, England

Ross;If you're getting shiny metal, the alpha channel may be to dark.When I did shiny painted metal on the Fleet, the alpha channel was a neutral grey, yours may be much darker allowing the metal effect to overpower any paint features.Best:telephile

Thanks guys .... much appreciated!RossNottingham, England