Sign in to follow this  

Disable Ctrl E

Is there any way to disable the Ctrl + E autostart through xml? I've tried engine failures, electric failures, etc but CTRL+E overrides all failures and turns all electric on and starts the engines.Thanks.David

Nah, I don't think this is possible. As you said, the AutoStart seems obviously to override just *everything*.Etienne :-wave

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey guys.Not sure about that, Etienne. At least in Oleksiy's Dash-8, Ctrl+E doesn't do a thing. But how to do it is beyond me at the moment.

Hi, I donot have lists of variables on hand, but have you tried this?ENGINE(L: or G: var, MY ENGINE STARTER 1) 0 == (A:General ENG1 starter, bool) 1 == & if{ (>K:TOGGLE_STARTER1) "or" (>K:STARTER1_OFF) }If that works Electrical and fuel should all work the same. Check the value of your switch, if it is off and the circuit, fuel or whatever, is on.... Turn it OFF.Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Ah, hi ya. Don't see ya on ICQ quite often anymore, eh?? ;-) Anyway. He's a freak, you know that... lol. :-hah And as soon as you implement some DirectInput, you can 'disable', at least override FS default key commands.Etienne :-wave

I guess you could monitor the state of the aircraft systems, and shut off fuel supply continously. Ctrl+E will also try to open the fuelvalve. This might be too much trouble than it's worth in spent frames and compatibility issues.If Battery Off AND Aircraft On Ground etc etc etc AND FuelValve Opened, THEN toggle fuelvalve. Something like that. The aircraft will "misfire" during Ctrl+E with such a gauge - I believe.Some people use Ctrl+E for a quick check on the aircraft after download, before dwelwing into the realms of complex systems :)Personally, I'd vote against preventing Ctrl+E, unless i.e. the battery switch does a hellofalot other stuff than just bring on the power (resetting timers connected to the battery and so forth).IF you absolutely need the code, please add the option to override it, i.e. with the A:realism,enum variable. And state what actually happens in the documentation.