Sign in to follow this  

JET RANGER in FS2002

What is wrong with the ranger its flys terrible. I tried it on hard and its impossible to fly and even on easy it is still very troublesome. Is there a fix for it. I do not belive that the default flight model is accurate. Please help.

Guest enave

you really have to have rudder controls to fly it

I have the twist grip joystick. Obvisouly that is not enough. Should I just use autorudder.

Guest Kobie1244

Flying this has been fairly simple for me. It took alot of practice, and getting comfortable with the controls. Just keep practicing with your basic turns and such, then get comfortable with the throttle, which controls how fast you go up and down. Once you get this mastered, then fiddle around using your rudder controls. But keep in mind..... alot of rudder causes the helicopter to drop in altitude, atleast this is what I discovered in my findings tryin to fly this bird. All I can say is practice, practice, practice.Kobie

Flying helos has always been difficult to learn in FS. If you've ever played any helo-specific sims, like "Longbow", etc. then you may be surprised at how much work it is to fly the helo in FS. Some sort of ruddercontrol is necessary - I use a twist stick and it works fine.Like Kobie said - practice. Also, try to use subtle controls at first, to avoid over-compensating. Don't try hovering at first - just get used to forward flight and take off and landing. The jet ranger is a little forgiving if you have a small amount of forward motion when you land.- Martin

Guest adevins

Dont use autorudder.Alan

Guest jordan

Like a lot of things in FS2002, you'd be surprised just how far the helicopter side of the game (even the default Jet Ranger) can be taken. The short answer is YES it is definitely flyable, and quite precisely at that. There are whole communities dedicated to just this part of the game. You're welcome to stop by and ask questions, find files, whatever...http://www.hovercontrol.com

Helicopter flying is never easy, expecially not in real life. It's a feat to master for most pilots, and these pilots have very rewarding jobs because of it. Never turn the realism slider up all the way to realistic, as this is generally thought to make helicopters unrealistically 'twitchy.' Also, you must remember that flying a helicopter is never as easy as the combat sims make it seem to be. These sims are designed to cater a to a cariety of gamers, and, as such, don't have very realistic (or complete) flight modelling.