Sign in to follow this  
Guest FelixFFDS

First time attempt at aircraft design... I have plenty of questions...

Hey all!I am VERY NEW to gmax, and am going through the tutorials. I want to design a Diamond katana DA 100. I have 1 side pic, and the rest I can get, but...What all, if anything, is not in the gmax tutorials that I need to know in order to design a quality aircraft?Also, since there is no other katana's around the FS community (well, in Abacus Private Pilot, but it looks like crap), How would I go about building Aircraft.cfg, & *.air files from scratch?Thanks in advance, and I am SURE I will have more questions in a little while.Thanks again,

Guest FelixFFDS

Think of the gmax tutorials as learning to use the program .. NOT as "making a flight simulator model".BY ALL MEANS - complete the gmax tutorials. Then, forums such as this one and the (blatant plug warning) Design Forum at Freeflight Design Shop (http://www.freeflightdesign.com) can help you along the "hurdles".At FFDS we also have many gmax-specific and/or links to gmax tutorials.Most helpful will be Hugh Shoult's "Stupid Idiot's Guide to gMax" which takes you through making a plane FOR FS2002.Also, there are several gmax source files in the library that you can open and see for yourself how others do it.Finally, I made a very basic DA20 in FSDS1, that I can convert to gmax if you're interested in twiddling with it a bit.Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Thanks for the reply!& thank you for the links. As for the DA20, I would certainly love to have a go at it. Would be great fun to play with & get a general idea about things.Again, thank you!

[h1]YAAY YAAAAAY YAAAAYY YAAAY YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!![/h1](Sorry for the exaggerated reaction of mine. lol.)I've been WAITING for the one who makes the Katana. If you need pics, hell contact me! I've had three weeks of practical training at Diamond Aircraft in late January. The pics, anyway, most likely can't be used directly as a background in gMax (not 100% great perspective, but at least hi res), but maybe are of some use however.THANKS!!! for doing that. :-hahEtienne :-wave

Guest FelixFFDS

Basic Katana in gmaxPop me an email to felixR@freeflightdesign.com and I'll email the file.