Sign in to follow this  

3DS MAX 747 FAMILY P1

Start the succesor of my gmax 747 in 3dsmax. In 3ds max, i'll be able to more accurately design the babies. Fuse will have around 2000 more polys than the previous 742 model, but will be alot more accurate in any area. New wings will take advantage of md11 building technique, and will certainly have less polys than the previous models. This time i use two spheres one above the other, that have been deformed and extruded. Then, simply play with ffd's and vertices. The old model was more a pain to design than this one. Next step is rear fuse...below are 742-sp & 743-744 fuses with boeing guides (available at boeing.com)

Guest Valid_Andy

Very Very Nice dongmo! Will the 742-SP be freeware? I always wanted a good SP for FS, but not really any good ones since FS98 :-(. Can't belive how good you are with noses....Andy :-wave

thanks for words Andy. A 747sp was near completion, using most of rfp model items (wingroot, landing gear, cockpit, etc...), but i then find that the wingroot was too different and that i will have to change too much things to make it as accurate as i want it to be. These models should enhance alot the previous model, while saving some frames (i'll try to reduce a bit the polycount)For the sp, i'll see. Depending on how hard work it will need. other thanthat i will release gmax primitive files of it so that other designers will give it a try :-)

Guest Valid_Andy

Coolio. Dongmo, is there any chance you could help me out with this wing techinique again. I been trying since you told me how last time, and i have lost your email. I got the Airfoil made, with the flaps and stuff as part of it, but i don't know how you extrude it and are still able to see the flap parts to detach them, doesnt seem to work on my computer. Are you making it all as one long line? and then scaling and shaping them once the whole wing is made, but as a long section? I have been trying, but it just doesnt seem to be working right, and everything gets scaled all funny and messed up. I want to carry on with this method because my poly count on the wing i have been trying to do is very low so far. All the wing parts so far add up to 832 polys so far, which is making my Aircraft very low in the polys, letting for more detail later on. Could you email me at dirtjumperandy@hotmail.com please, just telling my how to extrude it all and then keep things the right size?Thanks AlotAndy :-wave

Guest CX001

Herve, the 747s look great so far! A few things on the nose and upper deck, though. The top and underside of the nose are very close to flat in places, not even curves, with the curve resuming a round cross section at the forward pressure bulkhead. The nose's upper sides pinch in slightly forward of the cockpit too. Check out the panel lines in the photo below.http://www.airliners.net/open.file/345065/L/http://www.airliners.net/open.file/302410/L/The Boeing SP drawings have a few errors that I corrected a while back. If you're intersested, I can send you the drawing in any drawing format you'd like(dxt, dxf, dwg, etc). The upper deck intersects in the back as if it's a tube going into the lower one, not the lower one being stretched upwards like yours appears to do at each cross section.http://www.airliners.net/open.file/269703/L/http://www.airliners.net/open.file/255113/L/i can make a couple cross sections of the critical areas if you need. I have a bunch of other things that I can give you if you need details for any series. Please email me if you need anything,

Any help is welcome, so feel free to share the dxf files with me. The flat area at the bottom of the plane is one of the reason why i'm rebuilding this baby, and you can trust me if i said it will be one of the most accurate out there when finished.

Guest CX001

John, sorry I don't. I usually talk to people through email(pain as it is, but I might install MSN or AIM one of these days; I have an AIM account, but not the messenger). You are more than welcome to email me if you need anything, and i'll see if I can help. cahill01@(SPAM SUCKS, REMOVE THIS PLEASE)charter.net

Hi dongmo,How's your MD-11 and 737 series progressing? Think I saw them over in the screenshots forum awhile back, they looked great. Where they learning projects?