Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuff

Gauge Token Variable Question

Guest cbuff

I am attempting to make a Turbine Engine RPM gauge for a turboprop aircraft and I have been unable to find a token variable that works properly.I have tried the several of the RPM related variables but have not had any luck.Specifically I am attempting make a working gauge with an rpm range of 0 - 16,000 rpm. I had thought about using an N1 variable to simulate the RPM range but unfortunately that provides a 0-100 % variable instead of an RPM range.Does anyone out there have any ideas of what I might want to try?Sarnac

Guest Kobie1244

you can break down the RPM to percentages.example:16,000 rpm is 100%12,000 rpm is 75%8,000 rpm is 50 %4,000 rpm is 25 %Hope this helps.Kobie

Guest cbuff

Thanks for your response Kobie. I have already created a gauge using that method...unfortunately, what I really wanted to do was to create a very authentic, 2 needle gauge. The inner range reads in increments of Thousands of RPM, and the outer would indicate the Hundreds of RPM for each Thousand. It sure would be easier if I had a RPM token instead of doing the % conversion method..Anyway, thanks for your help!Sarnac.

Hi,Did you try:(A:ENG(1-4) N1 RPM,revolutions per minute) or (A:ENG(1-4) N2 RPM,revolutions per minute)?With * or / you probably can make the different scales.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest bartels

If you do i in C you can use two MAKE_NEEDLES with two NONLINEARITIES. The thousand RPM NONLINEARITY looks like this:{ {xpost0,ypost0},0, {xpost16,yost16},100.0 }The hundred RPM NONLINEARITY looks like this:{ {xposh0,yposh0},0 , {xposh5,yosh5},500.0/16000.0*100.0}xpos.. ypos.. are the tick positions on the bitmap background.That's it, maybe you have to use slightly higher numbers then 100 or 50 since engines usually run a bit higher then 100% at full throttle.In XML the system would be similar.Arne Bartels

Guest cbuff

Thanks for the response Arne. I will give it a try and let you know how it turns out.Sarnac