Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Easy Gauge - Is it Any Good?

Has anyone tried the new EasyGauge program demo? I downloaded it but it asked to install some other program, which I was leery of. Is it any good? thanks, Bob.

I actually don't have it, but the 'other program' you're talking about might most likely be the MinGW compiler, available at www.mingw.org for free.Etienne :-wave

>Has anyone tried the new EasyGauge program demo? I downloaded>it but it asked to install some other program, which I was>leery of. Is it any good? thanks, Bob.Not only have I tried the demo, but I bought the "Pro" version ($130). The "other program" is the C++ compiler, which, although is 'freeware,' has been optimized for use with Easy Gauge... Or, rather Easy Gauge has been optimized to work with that compiler... :)Like any tool though, it is only as good as the hands of the craftsman. For some examples of what can be done with EG, look a the panel pictures of the 400A at http://eaglesoftdg1.com or the gauges of the 757 panel released a few weeks ago by Lonny Payne.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://mtco.com/~rsam/fartslogo.jpg

Guest harry3

I've EasyGauge. But it doesn't work at my computer, because compiling doesn't start. Also the developers don't have any idea. But what I've heard is that EasyGauge is a very good program, espacially if you don't like programming.So my tip to you: Try the demo if everything works!!! If yes, and you don't like programming and writing source code too much, then EasyGauge is the right joice.But EasyGauge is not a program where you just have to select some graphics and have finished a new gauge. No, you also must work a bit with your brain!Regards,Harri:-)

Hi. I had a hard drive crash and just got things running again. Thanks. Will try the demo. Best regards, Bob.