Sign in to follow this  
Guest CX330_CPA Virtual

FSEdit corrupts AIR files???

Guest CX330_CPA Virtual

Hello All Today i made some chages to the CFG file using FSedit... minor things, like travel angle for the ailerons... Now what is happening is that whenever the airplane accelerates to about 72 kts during the take-off roll my nose gear falls through the pavement and the mains detach from the pavement. After this the plane skids across the rwy and completely goes out of control...The only way i was able to fix this situation was restoring the original air file from backup. Now, has anyone heard of anything like this to happen? Is this the FSedit that is crrupting my air file? or is there anything else that might cause this? Also, if i use the notepad to adjust the values in the cfg file are the changes in performance going to occur or the notepad is not acceptable for FDE editing... Thx for your help, regards Eugene

Sorry! This is a known problem with MS Aircraft Editor. Visit - http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hsors/FS_Soft/index.html and download AirEd152 and the latest aired.ini or http://www.aircraftmanager.com/ and download aircraft airfile manager and the latest control.ini file. Open your *.air file and delete sections 1539 through 1546. You can use MS Aircraft Editor, just remember to delete these lines each time you open/save your file in MS Aircraft Editor.

Guest CX330_CPA Virtual

Oh wow, i have never been aware of this.. Thanks so much for this.The FS dyn link is just awsome!!!Thanks Again