Sign in to follow this  
Guest dmclark

Lighting question

Hello, just a quick question. And I apologize if this has been covered before or if im in the wrong forum - please advise.The problem is the plane I am flying has working nav lights and beacon but the panel assigned has no switches for them. I can always switch to another aircraft turn them on and then switch back, but this can be a pain. My question is are there keyboard commands that can turn these particular lights on and off?? I have looked at the key assignment menu and did not see anything for them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!Geno

Hi,You don't want to add the switches to the panel?Jan"Procul Negotiis"

YES! Thanks for the reply.actually the switches are on the upper panel....they just are not active - they dont move - If you know how to make them active - IM ALL EARS....I just have no idea what to do

Geno,Hope you have the basic know-how to change panel.cfg file etc.These gauge codes are in XML.You can search in this forum a lot of questions.etc..... (A:Light beacon,bool) (A:Light nav,bool)etc...Beacon Light Switch (>K:TOGGLE_BEACON_LIGHTS)Navigation Light Switch (>K:TOGGLE_NAV_LIGHTS)Use your own bitmaps.You also could change the panel config file and add the gauges of the other panels, where they seem to work.Succes,Jan

Jan,Thanks so much for your effort - I will give it a shot.Not sure I am capable, but gotta learn sometime!Thanks again,Geno

Guest dmclark

HiOn a similar topic could anyone help me with a lighting problem on the MelJet 777. I have merged the PSS777 panel with this model using the method whereby I've added the MelJet model and texture folders into the PSS777 folder and created a second 777 in the aircraft.cfg using this model/texture. I then changed the section in the aircraft.cfg which deals with physical co-ordinates to the MelJet co-ordinates.The only problem is that the lights are now in the wrong position. I managed by trial and error to get them re-positioned but the wing strobes don't move with the flexing of the wing.There seems to be fixed (and very dim) strobes on the wingtips which don't correspond to any of the LIGHT co-ordinates - are they built in to the model as an animation to avoid the flexing problem?Also there are no red/green nav lights on the wingtips.Any help appreciated.