Sign in to follow this  

How to made an night background gauge?

Hi,I wounder how I can made my own (*.xml) gauge that will turn to the night texture on a spec. time? lite pss panels (airbus ect) from day light to a full lighted night panel? I have tried to make this today but don't know how to write it so it fail off course;)If its helps I use FS Panel Studio 1.1 and Im quite new on .xml scripts or gauge design in general.pls. help me someone./Philip Nordlander,Sweden

Ihave no knowlegde of Panel Studio whatsoever, I write my gauges and panels in pure notepad form :DYou *can* probably write such a gauge, but consider how well it would work in northers and southern latitues where the suns elevation pays a major role over the seasons; a little to the north of me it is always sunny during summer whatever time, and rarely any sun at all durig the winter.There is a discussion below on a possible approach, but if you're new to gauge "coding" it might prove too difficult; errors are too easy to make.I suggest you start with something simpler, and I suggest you take a deep peek into the code of default xml gauges. Try and fail a few times, and it will grow on you. A couple of successes later and you'

Ok thanks for answer but I have allready made some *.xml gauges via to look at the default gauges and I attach a picture of a helicopter panel a have made now under 3days.. include a simple own gauges like the attitude indicator ect.. I will try to made the digital display as well later on my project. And that display I want to have so real as possible and the name of that screen is VEMD display and the panel I working on is an EC120B Colibri panel we will see how it goes...;)But If I made a whole gauge of a night version of my bitmap main panel if that possible to place that gauge below all other gauges?? and can I add some string or code inside my "night version bitmap gauge" so its only visible on night time or evening?? that is what I looking for now. anyone? is that possible?MVHPhilip Nordlander,Swedenhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/6945.jpg

Hi,It is possible.Have a look in the discussion below about "sun elevation" by Arne Bartels.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

thanks.. I will test that.I will be back if I have any problems;)/Philip Nordlander,

Hi,How much information about the VEMD do you have? regards,Franz

Hi,On the VEMD I have only a few pictures of it and information from Eurocopters website not more.. do you have any info or? I would need to have more info about the VEMD display even more pictures of it.MVHPhilip Nordlander,

Hi,I do have tons of info but only for the VEMD installed in Eurocopters EC135. I don't know how much they differ.Take a look:

Ok, but that looks very like, then the software can be different. but that can been add later.but you can email me at: philip.nordlander@nordicair.orgI would need so much help I can get on the VEMD;)MVHPhilip Nordlander,