Hallo,Tryed several combinations, but didn't succeed finding a command to SET the COM 2 frequency.Any idea?Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Jan,Use K:COM_STBY_RADIO_WHOLE_INCREASE ""_WHOLE_DECRASE ""_FRACT_INCREASE and ""_FRACT_DECREASEDavid

David,Thanks, i 've got yours.What i mean is this one, but for the COM2 (Com_Stby_etc. or Select_2 doesn't work(?)):129.30 100 * 10000 % int d 10 % r 10 / int d 10 % r 10 / int d 10 % r 10 / int 16 * + 16 * + 16 * + (>K:COM_RADIO_SET) Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest Eugen

Hi,FAQ 19 would that be helpful ?BrgdsEugen

Eugen,I can SET the COM and Standby COM frequency's, but cannot find a code for setting COM2.Swapping between active and standby in COM1 and 2 is not the problem.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Sound like the old "missing events" bug that affects certain audiopanel functions. Download WHM-kevents.gau and use the named events to cure this problem.Maybe you already have that gauge installed. If so, check existing downloaded xml-gauges on how these events are used.

Karl,I have the the WHM and checked a lot, but saw nowhere a code for COM 2 SET.Personally i think it isn't possible, but you never know.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

I've checked my code (had to download to my workplace, please don't tell my boss :)), and found these events for the comside:(*Com monitor both*)(>K:TOGGLE_ENGINE3_FAILURE)(*Com1 transmit*)(>K:THROTTLE3_FULL)(*Com2 transmit*)(>K:THROTTLE4_FULL)So they seem to be WHM relevant codes.

Thanks for the risks you took, but i had them already in the audiopanel from Frather Bill.They are Airspeed or Mach dependant and only work in a aircraft without speedcontrol.Well, work calls.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

>Thanks for the risks you took, but i had them already in the>audiopanel from Frather Bill.>They are Airspeed or Mach dependant and only work in a>aircraft without speedcontrol.>Well, work calls.Jan, the only restrictions on those k_event substitutes is that they won't work in a/c with more than 2 engines, for obvious reasons.I've used them without trouble in light bizjets with autothrottle......also posting from work... :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://mtco.com/~rsam/fartslogo.jpg

OKStill i cannot compose a code to SET COM2.This is what i try to accomplish in the FMC:After station-passage all radios are automatticaly SET to the next, wanted frequencies, NAV1 and 2, ADF and COM1.The only one looking for is .......(>K:COM2_SET) or something.I tried the "full throttles" etc. with no succes.I fear that it is after all not possible, but will not give up for the time being.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

I'm beginning to understand where you're going with this. So it IS the frequency you want to set after all? On my radios I wanted to use 121.5 FRQ-SET when they were turned "off". Active frequency went into memory storage and pops in again when turned back "on".Yes, I've had problems making this work for the com2 unit. In the end, I had to settle for a inc/swap combo and hope there wasn't any traffic on that frequency :However, before I learned how to set transponder code directly, I settled for 8 inc's to simulate 1 dec (never could get dec's to work). If anything else is a no-go, maybe you can calculate how many incs is required to get to the wanted frequency, and make a looping code to do it.In principle, like:Swap active/standby.How many needed, set counter1: increase frq, increase counterif counter not reached, goto 1New frequency is ok.Swap active/standby.Although I've never used the goto commands before, don't know how well they work.

Karl,In the end i understand that it is quite complicated to achieve my goal, but i have a free weekend, the forecast is bad, so there will be plenty time to try and test.Btw. do you think that all those complicated code's, sun-elevation, engine-failures, great-circle calculations etc. have a big impact on framerates?And what is the best to do concerning fps:1. try to put as many gauges as possible in a big one eg. all overheadpanel elements in one "overhead.xml"(my way).2. or seperate them and make individual gauges?Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Maybe not a direct hit on framerates, but until I put "limiters" into the code, the ground textures, particularly at destination, became extremely blurry and the mesh was rarely updated with correct curvatures.I've put most of this advanced stuff within a single (few) gauge, which is limited by several functions instead of update frequency. Which method is better I don't know. I usually divide things into common tasks; "ground only", "air only", "all frequent", and "all rarely".I also try to terminate if appropriate as soon as possible. I.e., for the "ground only" function, this can (in principle) be something like:(A:sim on ground,bool) ! if{ quit } els{ within limited timewindow ! if{ quit } els{ failure codeslave codesun elev codesmoke codetimers codeetc etc} (*time*) } (*ground*) So if the code isn't really needed, it doesn't spend "a lot" of effort trying to figure out whether or not to execute. NB, within the inner els{ } embedded quit commands must be avoided (obviously, to allow all following code to be executed).The obvious bad thing about this system, is that within the allowed timewindow, the code is executed continously. I'm going to remake mine so that it is only done once if the needed time has passed.I.e. the sunangle code doesn't need, and is simply too advanced, to be run all the time, once every minute or less should be adequate to give the needed results.

Karl,Thanks for the comments.Btw. the weather wasn't to bad to spent one hour T&G at EHGG.Good weekend.Jan"Procul Negotiis"