Sign in to follow this  

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey all.For those of you drawing vectors (although it seems not too many, as the vast majority here prefers XML), I was wondering if anybody had succes with using GDI+ instead of the GDI, since the GDI+ interface offers antialiasing and gradient brushes.

Hey,lets ask the other way around - Did you encounter any problems using GDI++?Regrads,Marcel

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Marcel.I assume you are referring to GDI+, since I haven't heard of GDI++.The problem I am having is in compiling code in Visual C++ that includes the header file for the GDI+.I believe I have passed the problem VC++ had with the header file itself, but I can't seem to be able to Initialize (startup) GDI+.I know it is doable, but I am stumbling...

Same here, no VC++, but MinGW, also non compiling headers throwing uncountable errors.Etienne

Hey,The problem is the fs2002 gauges.h which is not compatible with C++. The GDI+ header needs C++, so you receive a lot of errors by the attempt of compiling the gauge in C.There are a few possibilities - compile on source file with the gauge header in C and link it with the source file of the GDI+ header in C++.You can also export the hdc within the gauge to a fs2002 module which now draws on the gauge.

Guest bartels

Ever tried my reworked headers fs2gauges.h or fs2k2gauges.h? They are C++ compatible.Arne Bartels

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello Arne.Yes, I am using your gauges.h. I had problems with the GDI+ header and VC, but now I am past that, just still not able to draw without making FS crash.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello Marcel.Thanks for the help. I have sent you an e-mail through this forum, did you get it?

I got it and replied, I will help you