Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

Pointy nose

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey A32X.Nice Citation, is it?You can design the entire fuselage as one cylinder. Change the cross sections as desired to shape it like the real thing, and once you get to the very tip of the nose, all you have to do is scale that corss section down to a point where the vertices are almost touching. At that time, select all those vertices and weld them, making it one vertex.The Weld command is in the Modify tab, with Vertex sub-object level selected. There is a setting as to how close the vertices have to be from each other to be welded, so you might have to play with that.If you need more help, don't hesitate to ask.

Guest A32X

Also, my 3-views seem to wonder. How do I lock them into position and get them tight fitting in the particular perspective window? What's the best 3-view out there? I'm not so bother about the aircraft type at the moment. Maybe someone could upload some images for me in this post?Many Thanks

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey A32X.As far as I remember, the jagged intersection between fuse and tail is because there is part of the tail inside the fuse (and the rendering engine has trouble figuring out which to show). The best thing to do in my opinion is to trim the tail using a boolean operation.You can then attach the tail by selecting it, clicking on Attach in the Modify tab, then clicking the fuselage.As far as the three views go, a search in this forum would have given you this link:http://www.freeflightdesign.com/tutorials/...undtutorial.zipIn that website you will find dozens more of very useful tutorials.