Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

flap help

hello alli am workin on a 727 ,tweaking around the air file so that it comes close to real world model as far as thrsut attitude and aerodynamic behaviour etc etc go.i need to work out longer extension times for the leading edge device for extension,and seperately for trailing edge flaps.i have only one flap set as per fs edit.now when i try 2 sets one for the leading edge and one for the trailing edge ,as in fs edit- it does not seem to work.the flaps seem to follow the timing ,drag ,lift parameters of the trailing edge devices all the time.one more doubt - the green light for the leading edge is incorrect in fs,it shud come on once flap 1 ,2 or 5 is extended.not at flap flap 25 as in fs2k2...anyone knows what line i cud modify so that the lite comes on at the right flap settingthank u very muchkunal

Would you mind posting the flaps section from the .cfg file you are working on ?

THNX ,HERE IS THE WHAT I HAVE NOWBIKUNAL[Flaps.0]type= 1span-outboard= 0.400extending-time= 40.000system_type= 1damaging-speed= 250.000blowout-speed= 300.000lift_scalar= 1.800drag_scalar= 1.200pitch_scalar= 0.000flaps-position.0= 0.000, 0.000flaps-position.1= 2.000, 0.000flaps-position.2= 5.000, 0.000flaps-position.3= 15.000, 0.000flaps-position.4= 25.000, 0.000flaps-position.5= 30.000, 0.000flaps-position.6= 40.000, 0.000

Guest Milton

kunal,As I recall from the Dash 7 project, the flap gauge keys off of the trailing edge flaps.I had leading edge deployable on two notches, then only the trailing edge for 25 and 45. The gauge would not move until the trailing edge flaps moved.So, I had to forego realism on the external view to get the gauge to work as it should.If you can get someone to program a flaps gauge to read both, that would be awesome.Milton