Sign in to follow this  
Guest bones

Difference between FS 2000 and FS 2002 aircraft

I'm not an aircraft designer at all, but trying to edit some files like the aircraft.cfg as best as I can. Don't know if this is the right place for my problem:Using Aircraft designed for FS 2000 in FS 2002 I can't restart the engines by pressing STRG+E , because there is no ignition. Can anybody tell me why?The sounds are aliased to FS 2002 Aircraft which are running fine.When I start with a FS 2000 Aircraft, the Engine runs, but after shutting down, there is no restart possible.Maybe somebody with more experience in designing aircraft can explain it to me.HORAZ

Guest bones

Have a look at the Power Scalar value in the aircraft.cfg file. If this is less than 1.00 it sometimes stops aircraft engines from firing. Don't ask me why though!I discovered this when I converted the FS2000 Leopard Moth to FS2002 - the scalar was set at 0.85 and she wouldn't fire up..Have you tried using M+++ to set magnetos to the start position? This should still work to start any piston aircraft. I use this rather than CTRL + E..Edited for spelling! :)boneshttp://fsaviation.net

Hello Bones,thanks for your reply, it was exactly the Leopard Moth for FS 2000 ;-)Do you know any other classic aircraft for FS 2000 that are "must-haves" in FS 2002?I like the Cessna Cub-Coupe designed by Bill Lyons...Sorry for my poor EnglishHORAZ

Guest bones

The only other FS2000 classic aircraft I've converted recently is the DH88 Comet Racer.I probably had a few more when FS2002 first came out but I had a big clear out a short while ago..Bill's classics are excellent and so is the Stearman from Dave Eckert. My Tiger Moth ain't bad either (unashamed plug..) :)boneshttp://fsaviation.net