Sign in to follow this  
Guest ba747heavy

DirectX Questions

Guest ba747heavy

Hey all--I have a basic question, one that has me pulling my hair out! I am trying to set up DX 9 for use in my gauge. I cannot find any information in the SDK docs about what to include. Use of the app wizard in VC++ doesn't help, as that template is for an actual app, and not a dll. At least I am smart enough to have converted my gauge file(as it is with no DX) into C++ to minimize the problem with incorperating DX into my gauge. :)I am at a loss, what should I do?Thanks guys.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Fred.As far as I know, for DirectX 8, all you needed to do was

#include <d3d8.h>#include <d3dx8.h>

You might wanna give that a try with a 9, or search your HD where you installed the DirectX SDK for similar files, if just switching the 8 by a 9 doesn't do it.

Guest bartels

I depends on what part of DirectX you need. E.g. for DirectInput #include and linking of dinput.lib and dxguid.lib is enough, indepenent of the used DirectX version.Arne Bartels

Guest ba747heavy

Thanks for the replies guys :)

Guest ba747heavy

Well, got the gauge working, it now compiles with DX only data types declared :) I am wondering now if I can approach the DX portion of my gauge like in the Tut01_CreateDevice included with the DX 9 SDK? Or is there something I have to do special in a dll?Thanks :-beerchug

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Fred.I am starting to delve into DX myself, so I can't answer that yet. And also, I haven't looked at the Tutorial yet, reading a good book on it first, understanding how WIndows goes about drawing using DirectX.If I discover anything, I'll let you know. And you please do the same ;-).

Guest ba747heavy

Fabio --You got a deal :D