Sign in to follow this  
Guest lionheart777

Virtual cockpit doesnt show in exterior view

Guest lionheart777

I am working on a plane and just did a virtual cockpit and I am finding that it is invisible during outside views, when looking into the windows, it isnt there. Yet, when I go 'into' the cabin, it is there, all the seats and such. I found also that the models are still seperate in FSDS V2 and I have not been able to find a way to join them, yet they are saved together.Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or missing? I would be gratefull. PS, how do you get such awesome VC panels??? Is it just textures?Bill

Guest Eurosky

Hey,you have two groups. The interior group and the exterior group. The exterior group is only visible when you are in an outside view. The interior group is only visible in the "virtual cockpit" mode. Hope this helps a bit

Guest S_pitts

I think he is talking about FSDS 2 not gMaxI ounce heard you could set parts in FSDS to be visible both on the VC and the exterior modelHowever that was in FSDS 1.6 today I believe the VC and external models are separate and you simply need to copy the things in the VC you want seen from the outside to the external model that way they will appear in the VC and the external viewAgain I am not sure about this as I use gMax Try to ask at freeflightdesign

Guest lionheart777

Thanks you guys. It had occurred that I could save parts in one model and switch to the other and save them. I also found out how I could show the prop and wings in virtual mode making them visual in that also. Thanks much.

>I am working on a plane and just did a virtual cockpit and I>am finding that it is invisible during outside views, when>looking into the windows, it isnt there. Yet, when I go>'into' the cabin, it is there, all the seats and such. You must duplicate the interior parts that you want to be seen from the outside into the exterior part of the model. >I found also that the models are still seperate in FSDS V2 and>I have not been able to find a way to join them, yet they are>saved together.I use GMax so cannot help you with this question... :)>PS, how do you get such awesome VC panels??? Is it just>textures?Careful modeling and textures, plus a lot of patience!BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Hey billI also have the same problem. If I remove the polys that make up the windows I can see the interior. But with the windows in place I can see right through to the ground.Are you using FSDS2?Gareth

Guest lionheart777

Hey Gareth,I am using FSDS-V2, yes. I found out though that if I go through in the VC model and hit N (next) and select (space) the parts that I want to show in the exterior view, and hit control-C then shift-M to switch to first (exterior) view, then control-V (paste) the seats and panel and such that comprise the interior appear. If your windows are not transparent enough, they cannot be seen. But, you must have the interior parts spliced into the exterior as well as the VC model. Did you check the VC box on the 'new model' when beginning it? You have to do that to have a interior shot as well.Check out the 'new' tutorial by Bill Lyons on doing a Virtual interior at abacus. That really helped me, especially the yoke design. But the exterior views of seats was left out, and I had to find that out for myself.Good luck. After each massive hurtle, it gets seemingly erotic, lol.... I have become an adict!Take care and patience..Bill

Guest lionheart777

By the way, did you know that you can paste in your wings and prop into the VC so that when you are in the VC in flight in the sim, you can look out and have visual of the wings and prop? Blue up..!Bill out...